Anyone Else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I feel horrible today. I keep getting a chill that sweeps over me, then I feel really hot like I have a fever and my tummy feels a little upset. Feels like I could be coming down with the flu or something. It's disturbing.

Has anyone else expierenced this?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Last year I was getting chills all the time and felt like I had the flu, I went to the dr, repeatedly and they said I was fine, finally they told me it was menopausal and drink hot fluids, and turn up the heat, it did not really help but the chills have FINALLY gone away, it was horrible, but it lasted for about a year/. 
    • Posted

It just runs through my body. Makes me a little anxious when it happens. Then I start shivering like I'm sick. These symptoms are getting on my last nerve.
  • Posted

Hi Jamie,

Yes I still get chills throughout my body.  Even when its warm outside, I cannot seem to get warm unless I sit in the sun for awhile.  Comes and goes, never know when it will happen.  

• Posted

Hi Loretta,

This is so annoying. I hate feeling like this. These chills are nerve wrecking and I feel like I have the flu or something when I know I don't.

• Posted

I lost count of how many times I told my GP I felt either as if I was just coming down with or just getting over the flu.

I also got a really bad cold once when I was feeling like that. We all had it my daughter carried on working, my husband had the sniffles and cough.

I just couldn't sit still pacing and in and out of the house.

I had to see a nurse for something unrelated and I had a really high temperature, as soon as I took some paracetamol (I don't take them lightly) the pacing stopped until 3 and half hours later as they were wearing off and continued night and day for 2 days.

I'm sure it made me that awful because I was already feeling like that a few days before. Normally a cold doesn't bother me too much.

• Posted

My daughter was sick recently, and I was hoping that I wasn't catching it. She was in the bed for three days. I'm hoping I don't get it. I usually catch whatever she gets.
    • Posted

I know, your mind is racing with these symptoms, you don't know what to think, makes you crazy.  Try to ignore and relax as best you can.  I wish I had a magic potient I would give us all some! xx

• Posted

Thanks Loretta,

I am trying to do just that. I've gotten a little better with the anxiety by talking myself through it. Just keeping in mind that I am ok and it will stop, but it's a struggle.

• Posted

Yes it is a struggle some days more than others. Just know you are not alone, and we are all here doing the best we can to support one another! sending hugs
  • Posted

Hi Jamie, your not alone im feeling the exact same today blooming horrible isnt it, guessing it is hormonal as my period is due too seems to be worse just before, during and a couple of days after my period. Keep telling myself it wont last otherwise i dont think id get through this god damn peri. 😁 Take Care hope you feeling better real soon. xx
    • Posted

Thanks,

Mines seem to be the worst around that time as well. I have noticed so many changes since this peri stuff. I must have been in it 3 years already but the symptoms are worse now. I hope that means I'm closer to full meno cause this stuff is horrible. I hope my daughters don't have to go through this.

• Posted

yes I get it a lot, its caused by one of two things, chronic fatigue, or, an inflammation somewhere in your body,  thats causing you to dehydrate making you feel ill, by any chance do you feel thirsty? or, very fatigued? or, have you been getting electric shock type feelings at all in your body, or head? 

• Posted

Believe it or not, I haven't felt any of that. I think I may have only had that ill feeling one time before. I did notice today though that now my nose is running and was stopped up most of the day.
  • Posted

then it must just be the way menopause is affecting you then, if you havent got those symptoms, chronic fatigue, comes with flu feelings, you can even get  a sore throat with it, making you think you have a virus, yu dont, its because the fatigue causes neurological symptoms, the brain fog, memory probs, electrical feelings, jerking as you fall asleep, all part of severe fatigue, knocks yor body clock out, and alters your sleep rythms, there is nothing wrong with our heads, if they gave you a scan it would show everything to be normal, its a temporary effect due to hormones.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.