Anyone else ever had this problem?

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past month this has been happening to me on and off. I keep feeling the need to pass the stool. I know this might sound disgusting but it’s like as if I had to pass gas and it won’t come out. It’s not like I need to rush to the toilet but I do feel like there is something there if it makes sense. I do pass a tiny bit almost everytime I go to pee and it’s always yellow, either thin pieces like worms and once or twice a day looks normal but yellow in color. 

Other symptoms I have are heartburn and sometimes a tiny dull pain at the sides of my belly button. 

I had a blood test and my doctor said everything was fine but there might be something wrong with my gallbladder. I’m going to have to repeat the blood test tomorrow. She gave me some fiber because she thinks I’m still a bit constipated so that’s why I feel the constant need to go to the toilet. I’ve also dropped a tiny bit of weight.

I’m concerned and this sensation is really frustrating. Someone help!

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone! That’s me back from the doctors and they said I have something called Gilbert’s Syndrome according to my blood test. Doctor said I don’t need to do any further tests but my mind is still not at peace. I still feel very anxious. Should I accept the diagnosis or go somewhere else for more tests? 

She didn't seem concerned about my cough either (I think it’s caused by my reflux. I don’t have the burning sensation anymore , just a cough and she said I should stop taking Omeprazole). I don’t get that much abdominal pain anymore and I’m not sick or feel sick, my stool is just always weird and stinky.

• Posted

Well I have just had acid reflux and can confirm what you are feeling, its in my throat and has left me with a cough, feels like sharp tickle and worse when mouth is dry, something else I have now got to go Dr about and wondering if this is part of the GB issue?
    • Posted

If the symptoms are caused by acid reflux, your doctor will recommend you to change your diet and maybe Gaviscon or Omeprazole. Don’t expect too much from them.

• Posted

Maria, I'm sorry you're dealing with this.  Have you researched anything about Gilbert's Syndrome, or are you just taking the doctor's word for it?  You could also have acid reflux problems along with the syndrome.  

When you are diagnosed with a disease or condition, it always helps to learn more about it.  Each person is unique, and you owe it to yourself to be informed.  xx

• Posted

Hi, I did research, yeah. I think that even if I have it, I don’t have any symptoms caused by it and my symptoms are just acid reflux related.
    • Posted

I'm glad you did some research.  I think it's best to know something--I think that some doctors would prefer their patients didn't ask questions, because that makes them "troublesome."  

I've been on  the medication you've bee taking for acid reflux for years, with no ill effects--it's helped me a lot.  Best of luck to you! xx

• Posted

I’ve not had any side effects from Omeprazole or Lansoprazole so I can consider myself lucky..? Lansoprazole didn’t work for me but Omeprazole does the job x
    • Posted

Hi maria382027,  had this after colonoscopy and in fact it made my stool worse let alone acid reflux.  I do take Omerprazole anyway with taking Naproxen which happily is not often now.

I can only say that acid reflux comes with GB attack, this is exactly what happened last year.

Thankfully honey every night has cleared the cough but I am still going to have Dr look at throat as a precaution!

• Posted

Be careful with Naproxen because it can cause you serious damage. Always make sure to take it after a big meal or at least a generous amount of food, otherwise it might give you even more reflux or even gastritis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.