Anyone else experiencing the same anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Evening all, as I've mentioned in previous post I've been suffering from well what my Gp's have said is health anxiety I do find it a struggle to accept that what I'm experiencing is anxiety and all in the mind, I have to be honest I have convinced myself over the past three months I have had some major illnesses and I'm not to sure where all this has come from, I've been on verious meds citalopram, propanolol and now Amitriptyline & Atenolol, although I felt a little benefit from these for a couple of days I feel they are no longer working, I've had a terrible day today feeling really down and very upset and convinced I have bowel cancer, this due to what I think is a change in my stools but according to the Bristol Stool Chart my stools are ideal but as they have some clear mucus and the only way to describe it is an itchy feeling in my stomach also the very bottom of my back/spine is aching I've been very frightened by what I've read on the net

I'm finding it very difficult to convince myself that I'm ok and there is nothing wrong with me, does anyone else have feeling of dread worry etc.... Thanks

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

The first 10 months were hell for me i did not want to get up indhe morning i was afraid what the day will be no sleep at night thinking what do i have, then i said f.... i did everything i could now ill not loose any minute of my life thinking why i feel the way i feel and little by little i felt so much better, i have my moments but because i dont pay attention anymore they dont last long
  • Posted

Same here, once I got my head round it. I just ignored it, it was hard at 1st,. but now its easy.

I still get the feeling, but its last for seconds before I forget it and move on. It used to last hours/days.

No sleep, scared to go out for 4/5 years, on meds.

Now nothing, off the meds, nothing worries me. I certainly dont worry about thinks I cant change or "Worry about being worried" how silly is that!!!!

What does not kill you, makes you stronger and I can promise you "No one has ever died from Anxiety, ever".

You worried last week, did anything happen to you. NO. You worried yesterday, did anything happen to you. No........... Its not an illness, its your mind sending wrong signals and you need to ignore them and they will go away, simple as that. But it takes practise and a bit of time, weeks..... Not months.

• Posted

I have health anxiety and it takes over your life. I move on from one form of cancer to the other to worry about. I am consrantly worrying about death and illness. It used to be worse where I would also think about others dying to which consumed every minute of my day and I would end up in tears and suffering panic attacks. At the minute my worry was throat cancer as I have had throat problems for 2 years and I have now been diagnosed with something called globus hystericus! Basically brought on by anxiety! Try not to worry but easier said than done I suppose.
  • Posted

Yes it sure is easier said than done, today I have had two bouts of diarrhea which has not helped me at all I'm trying not to think about it to much as I've had the same thing for at least 8 years it would be every now and the I would get stomach cramps then the need to race to the toilet but I'm struggling to not put the diarrhea & the feelings I keep having in my stomach down to bowel cancer but it is worrying the life out of me
  • Posted

Hi Bill

Did you manage to get GP appointment,sure it will be nothing more than anxiety but it might satisfy you if you got an appointment.

• Posted

Hi Joan, yes seen the Gp today who was straight to the point in saying there isn't anything wrong with me this is all anxiety, the two bouts of diarrhea will be down to anxiety as are the other symptoms and stressed she under stands this is very difficult but I do need to try and get a hold of this, so it's a case of continue the medication I have been given and keep trying to reassure myself, I won't go back to the dr's anytime soon as she didn't seem to pleased I was there although I did explain this weekend had been the worst experience, so I will see how it goes fingers crosses
  • Posted

Also worth mentioning I would not have gone back to the dr's if my referral for CBT had been sorted as it was sent at the very begining of December and I'm still waiting
  • Posted

Hi Bill,

Glad you went take no notice she was not happy that's what she sintered for and if you need to go see somebody else in the practice.I went yesterday still got the pain in my side yesterday another cream to try still cannot get to the bottom of it.I think once we have anxiety and depression we are labeled and every thing is put down to that,which it is but you always think is have they missed something.So we have got to believe them Ai suppose?Keep posting on here it helps,TakeCare.

• Posted

Sorry for typos.
  • Posted

Hi Bill

Thats great, you have eliminated that as a problem.

You know your are 100% fit and healthy, forget about it now, time to move on.

Well done.

John

• Posted

Not to sure that Iv eliminated anything at this time, still have the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach along with the acid feeling hopefully it will go very soon
  • Posted

Rennie or Gaviscon for that. A small price to pay to know your are 100% fit and healthy.

Thats it now onwards and upwards, forget about it now, the thing you were worried about is nothing to worry about.

You must be so happy and pleased, well done.

Any feelings you get now are false feelings and nothing but sensations, forget about them and keep busy, this time will soon be a memory, we have all been there.

John.

• Posted

Unfortunately I'm not feeling so confidant today about this being health anxiety, I had seen a Gp at our surgery today one I've not seen before, I had mentioned the mucus like gel that I sometimes have with my stools he although my two regular Gp's say it's normal this Gp said that's not normal and I should have a colonoscopy (if that's how it's spelt) & a ct scan which has really frightened the life out of me, I'm begging to think I've been right all along this isn't health anxiety
  • Posted

"Beginning"
  • Posted

Hi Bill

Sorry you are not so good today,first of all don't be worried about a colonoscopy I have had one and you can have a sedative for it but if you do you are in longer until you come round,I did not and believe me it is nothing I know how you feel because I am the biggist coward going but there really is nothing to it.Secondly it will ease your mind that it is really anxiety.So don't start thinking and googling it might be a while before you have to go it could be be something like IBS which anxiety makes worse.Please try not to worry I know easier said than done but we are all here for you and the GP is probably doing it to satisfy you.Take Care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.