Anyone else freaked out about Ebola??

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm severely freaked out about Ebola right now keep seeing things about it on Facebook and the news too and it's almost driving me to a panick attack! Anyone else freaked or am I just overeacting? Because I am a severe hypachondriac!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Health anxiety is so easily born from anxiety and ocd in general. Yes the current news does pray on my mind, recently I got a new puppy so then rabies was on my mind etc. I know these things are unreasonable but that doesn't matter at all, they still worry us, ure not alone
  • Posted

I wish I could say don't worry like everyone else. My husband he's a layed back whatever guy. Me I'm afraid of going outside somedays. My anxiety stemmed from the ebola outbreaks. So am I worried yes. My husband he'd say ah whatever. It's not likely but if I get it I get it. 

I wish I could be like that!

• Posted

It's not just the thinking about it, sometimes ill start to physically feel the symptoms of whatever new disease I'm worrying about, that's when it gets really scary
  • Posted

Or with the usually anxiety symptoms, such as dry mouth, lump in the throat etc I'll look for whatever unlikely problem might be causibg it rather than accept that JTS actually anxiety
  • Posted

I must admit..when my anxiety started again 10 weeks ago and my mind was very vulnerable,yes this did give me a few days of anxiety. I dint think I have health anxiety,even though this last episode was health related.

I think I have situational anxiety. Like I take too much on and then something,could be anything triggers a breakdown.

I get well..live happy for years then make the same mistakes of overloading my life and responsibilities and then here I am again.

I think Rachel that your mind is very vulnerable right now so that's why these things are freaking you out. I'm sure as you get further into your recovery that these fears will lessen.

Tiny steps each day until we heal xxx

• Posted

I suffer in the same way Gillian, take on far too much and then breakdown, the trouble then is I find it hard to do any kind of work because immediately I fall back into several workaholic mode, with terrible consequences
    • Posted

Gosh me too Jmcg.

I just throw myself full throttle into everything,never ask for help. I run my house,work,help family and am a single mum to a 17 year old. While I'm doing all this,I actually think I'm doing great. Looking back I can identify signs of this breakdown but I was too busy too notice then.

The thoughts would flash but didn't stick. The agitation was there and the sleepless nights. The ups and downs,kind of a buzzing nervousness where I couldn't sit still at times,then complete exhaustion.

Its weird how the road to this started long before it happened but we didn't even hive it time to stick..we just carried on working through it ignoring the signs xx

• Posted

Yes exactly, I do it with my job, I do great, great results - but it becomes obsessive. Then when the breakdown comes its then impossible to go back to it. Because I know when I do it causes massive panic as soon as I start trying to get back into it safely without overdoing it. Which is just impossible
    • Posted

Any time any of you need a chat...I'm here.

I'm nowhere near where I need to be but I'm in a far better place than I was.

smile xx

• Posted

Hi everyone I had a long oul chat with my Mam and dad and sister about it and they said worrying about Ebola is like worrying about gettin the flu or a cold, it's highly unlikely that it is going to come to tiny little ireland or England and that If it does that more higher precautions are going to be put down and that it will not spread, the only reason it's killing so many in Africa is because we have to remember they are seriously severe 3rd world countries and I think we tend to forget that, if a person living in a 3rd world contry contracted a cold or virus it would kill them, where If we got a cold or virus we go to our doctor and get antibiotics and wer back to normal within a few days, we sometimes don't understand how lucky we are to be safe and well, I hope yous all get a piece of mind from this because I definatly have😊😊😊xx
  • Posted

Rachel,

Ebola is very much a dangerous thing, that can spread like wild fire.  However, calm down, sit back relax, and go out for a walk and smell the flowers.  Life happens, new diseases come and go, like Polio back in the 40's and 50's.  Medical investigators find within time answers to perplexing questions, like they will do for the Ebola virus.  Don't alow your undies to get in a bind, over this, as there will be other bacteria and viruses that will make their attack on the world to.  Have you come into contact with anyone that seems to have had Ebola?

Probably not, so why do you put yourself through this emotional and panic attacks, and worry about something you have no control over?  Or is it that you enjoy feeling the way you do, always anxious, always sitting on the end of your chair, waiting for the Ebola virus to strike you down, and kill you?

Well, I have learned, when one fears something, eventually there fear happens to them.  So keep on fearing, and that Ebola will come by and bite you on your _ _ _.

So, stop worrying, to save yourself from your misery of panic attacks and anxiety.

Get a grip on yourself and your life!

The best to you in this regard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.