Anyone else get these anxiety symptoms?

Posted , 2 users are following.

When i went out today i had all of the usual symptoms of fear, trembling, weak legs etc but then i had some others that continued with me even after i got home.

My back felt very stiff and locked up, it hurt and felt as if my spine was almost curving as i tried to walk, I had numbness in my hand between my thumb and finger, my left leg felt heavy and as if I was almost having to drag it along and the floor was moving up and down my whole body felt so very heavy.

I had been extremely tense and slept badly as always so maybe that caused it, I am not usually a sufferer of health anxiety either, just shocked that it can make me feel so physicallly unwell, it wasn't just the typical anxiety and panic ruining yet another day but also these physical feelings which even to me was very scary.

Does anyone else get these feelings? Feeling scared in my mind is bad enough but my body is doing some very strange things too.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Siunds like you pinched a nerve.
    • Posted

I Think its okay if you wanted to put in a call to you gp and mention that as well. Your u are on a bit of meds so might be a good idea to have the gp aware of that. How are you feeling now?
    • Posted

Thank you Lisa, I will definitely mention it to my GP, as of now I am feeling tense and anxious but most of those feelings I had this morning are gone, bit of back ache but that's about all, just horrid fear and anxiety now.

• Posted

Yes, definitely. I've felt the heavy legs and trouble sleeping very often. Anxiety can totally make your body feel physically unwell. I get stuck in the cycle of health anxiety because I become aware of how I'm feeling and start to panic that there's something wrong and it gets worse and harder to snap out of. My back and neck will also tense up too. You're not alone in feeling these symptoms, BellaLuna.

• Posted

Thank you, I am guessing it is the tension we feel from the anxiety and stress and I am suffering terribly poor sleep so must be completely exhausted too, anxiety is so horrible, I am sorry you suffer too.
    • Posted

It's most definitely the tension. I don't sleep very well unless my body is exhausted. It sucks sometimes. I'm sorry you're suffering too. Are you medicated at all? I'm not but I'm considering it heavily.

• Posted

I'm on diazepam but have been on it for years so it's not effective anymore but I just don't feel ready to go through the withdrawal process at the moment.

My GP offered me a med called pregabalin, it's actually a very addictive painkiller but can be used for anti-anxiety and sedation, so far I have been too scared to take it, I have a really bad phobia of new meds and really don't want to be addicted to yet another medication.

I would like to look into natural/herbal remedies but most can't be combined with diazepam so I get a bit stuck, that said I have been like this for so long and I am not coping at all so I might have to give in and take the pregabalin if this doesn't let up again soon.

• Posted

I'm hesitant to start medication too but I'm also feeling like I'm at the end of my rope and I may have to. Honestly the only thing that makes me feel better is having my dog with me. I brought him with me to work yesterday and today and it helped immensely. He's not a service dog by any means but he's comforting to me. I wish I could bring him everywhere. I looked into natural medicines too and I've been working out regularly for a year and a half and no relief has been brought from that for more than a few hours. I don't know what else to do. Besides sneak my dog everywhere lol

• Posted

Myanxiety go online you can make him a service dog for a fee. Its amazing whats on the internet.
    • Posted

I would but he's not totally service dog material. He's a good boy and everything but other dogs excite him and people too. It's unfortunate but he's just your average excitable beagle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.