Anyone else getting ads popping up that they can't get rid if

Posted , 7 users are following.

I keep getting an add popping up and it won't go away. Is anyone else experiencing this.

Admin can you help??

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yeah I'm getting this,

Better be quick as everytime I'm on it keeps happening and I can't get rid of it.

Any ideas?

Thanks x

• Posted

Hi. I was advised to switch phone off then turn back on. I left mine off for half he. Not sure if time is necessary. I haven't had pops up since so try that. It was so annoying but thankfully sorted. Good luck. X

• Posted

Hi all,

Sorry for late response but I have been on holiday then playing catch up. We have had quite a few reports about this and it looks like there is an issue with certain sponsored content on iPhones which is being investigated. In the meantime from what users have said here using a pop up blocker and/or clearing the cookies seems to help.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

They stopped for a while after I'd switched phone off then back on but they have come back and the switching off hasn't always worked. I have my pop up blocker on too. Hope it can be sorted as it's frustrating when you've typed a long response then lost it to the big ad. Ha.

Hope you had a good holiday.

• Posted

Hi Fi/all,

We have now managed to block the suspect content so can you let me know either by reply here or PM if this has solved the issue or if you are still getting these.

Thanks,

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.