ANYONE ELSE GIVING UP?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Yogurt, probiotics, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree oil, no soap, no sugar, no caffeine, no tight clothing, women's multi vitamins, vitamin c, vitamin d.

SO MUCH MORE. You name it? I've done it. Not a single thing has helped me. The BV has gotten so bad that it will literally run down my leg. The smell isn't so bad as it use to be, but it is still very watery and there's always a lot of it.

I will never be able to have sex again or anything. I will never be comfortable or confident with a new boyfriend. I will never be comfortable working out or laying at the beach. Constantly checking my work scrubs and seeing disgusting white stains from the discharge.

I have not a single hope.

Is it this way with anyone else? No hope?

4 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Every single time I find relief, it turns out to be temporary. It always comes back, I am so sick of it I am at my wit's end. I have tried all those plus hydrogen peroxide douche, tampon soaked in hydrogen peroxide, 3 different over the counter suppositories and Greek yogurt with acidophilus, oh yes and the antibiotics. The doctors either don't care or don't realize the problem. Oh yes also prayer, I have asked the Lord to heal me. Good luck and post if something works!!

• Posted

I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works!!! I don't have a whole lot of discharge but I can't get rid of the odor that's my biggest problem and it's so embarrassing I don't know what else to do.

• Posted

Don't give up!! Our bodies are smart. I believe you can get rid of it once you find what works for your body. When I had it I didn't think it would go away but it did. It probably took 3 months for me. I'd cut out Alcohol if you drink. Metro antibiotics maybe if you haven't tried that yet. There is a probiotic that I take in the feminine hygiene aisel. I still take it just because I fear getting bv again. It takes time but don't give up!

• Posted

Do you get metro antibiotics prescribed by a doctor? And which feminine probiotic do you tak? I've tried many.

• Posted

Have had metro orally but no gel, used clindamycin and that didn't work for very long. Used 2 or 3 different brands of probiotics. I was discharge free for almost 2-3 weeks with lots of probiotics and eating Greek yogurt 3 times daily. No sugar at all. It did come back tho as soon as my yogurt supply dwindled and I had no time to shop for more.

• Posted

My post was deleted I think because I put the name of my probiotic. The metro was prescribed by my doctor. The probiotic I take is in the feminine hygiene section. They make a gel in the same brand. Its kinda high but worth it for me. The packaging has purple in it I believe.
    • Posted

Well you private message me the names of the stuff that you use?
  • Posted

I wouldn't say I've given up as much as have just started dealing with it.  I've gone through the treatments you described and have those same symptoms, at most mine stays away for two or three months before it comes back. it sucks but it's just my normal now.

• Posted

Yes, I would say that I've almost given up. I've tried pretty much all of the home remedies, especially the most popular ones. They either makes things worse or give me weird discharge. Or it makes no difference at all. I'm still on this forum so I guess I haven't completely given up. It's so hard mentally. I wish I had a different body. I don't know what else to do next.

• Posted

Zpak antibiotics got rid of it for a few weeks. It was heaven to have dry underwear.
    • Posted

Yes it was actually prescribed for a tooth infection so i was surprised when my vg discharge cleared up.
  • Posted

Yes! I really do I been having bv for while now seems like every year I go her checked and they always tell me it's bv seems like the gynies don't seem to care I have tried the gel n the pill it always comes back I'm so tired of the discharge i don't really have a smell but I'm just ready to give up I don't know what to do anymore the more you go get check up they always think the pill or the feel might work but it never does I'm just happy I'm not alone it seem like it for a while but seeing you guys stories it has to be away to get rid of it in get rid of it forever

• Posted

Either there must be some super strong bacteria that was not around 30 or 40 years ago or women just didnt talk about it as openly. I know 25 years ago i was given the oral metro and it never came back. I feel like something has definitely changed and obviously its just not with my own body. I think the doctors dont want to acknowledge the existence of the problem because then wouldnt it make them feel un- informed or inadequate or just plain apathetic??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.