Anyone else have pains that come from no where

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all.I was wondering if anyone else has pains that come from no where and catch you by surprise. It's almost like a jab or pull. Its been three weeks since my ant/post repair and vaginal hysterectomy. I am so worried that the surgery may be failing.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tamara, yep i have had a few just think it is the stitches pulling on nerves etc. Think that is why my foot and bottom are a bit numb too sometimes. Wouldn't think it is your surgery failing, unless you have other symptoms like severe bleeding or you have done some havy lifting etc. I wouldn't be too worried but if in doubt why not give your hosp or spec a quick call. 3 weeks since my surgery too. Today as it happens. Doing ok. Just really uncomfortable to sit and having moods swings .. very teary but coping. Hope you are coping too. Keep smiling and good luck with your recovery.  
  • Posted

Hi Tamara ! Yes as Tilley says it will just be your stitches tightening as they heal. It is also completely normal by the sounds of it for us all to go through the 'it's failed' stage - I'm not sure I'm out of it yet and I'm 13 weeks haha !!!

3 weeks is early days ! Sounds like you are doing really well. Remember to rest and remember also to take a couple of painkillers - it does help even just a couple of ibuprofen to just give a bit of relief from the different aches and pains xx

• Posted

Hi Tamara, I had surgery on my ankle a couple of years ago and had a lot of strange things going on in the weeks that followed. I had jabbing pains and electric shock like feelings in my ankle and foot, which I guess were the nerves coming back to life. I know it's a different area of the body but It must be the same kind of thing, everything healing and starting to work again. Probably a good sign I would think. My surgery is a week today and I'm expecting the same kind of reaction afterwards. 
  • Posted

whew, glad to know others are having the same feelings.  I have had the moodswings and teary times too. I am doing so much better. I have been staying  positive and all of a sudden tears.   I think  of it is the length of time I haven't been able to do the normal things. As the prolapse of the uterus, bladder and bowel got worse I couln't go through a day without pain. Going to gym or sitting through a movie were impossible. I guess I thought it would be a much quicker recovery. My doctor told me I could be back at work in 4 weeks. At three I still can't sit on a chair for more than a few minutes comfortably and a quick trip to the grocery store requires ibuprofin and a nap after. I am getting really worried.  I am sorry to complain to all of you.  Wishing you all a good nights sleep and teary free days!
    • Posted

Hi tamara, my spec told me driving in 2 weeks , a week if an auto and I should be easier able to do my desk job by 3-4 weeks. I too cannot sit for more than 20 minutes but am trying I just get up in between. I am very sore in the perinuem area and it smarks at times. My wound seems very small in length but like a ball or maybe that should be balls as it is so swollen and I worry a little that maybe some of the stiches came away too early and thats why the length is so short. But I figure worrying won't achieve anything. My spec says he thinks it is unlikely but there would be nothing he could do at this stage even if they have. He has asked to see me in 3 weeks and will let me know them but told me not to worry in mean time, I have no bleeding and very little discharge and he was pleased with that. From what I have read on this forum it seems the recovery is at best 6 weeks , alot return after they have had their post op check up and many return to graduated work where possible, which still allows them an afternnon break or nap. But there are many who need 8 - 15 weeks off , I know that seems a long time but some have had much more surgery done than others so it makes sense it would take longer to recover. Others have exsisting health issues that make recovery longer or responsibilites like children and that can all take it's toll on how quickly we recover. I myself cannot figure out how and why and more importantly when the exhaustion hits me at the moment , so just palying it by day to day at the moment. Returning to work means driving so think that is at least a couple of weeks way. Will see. Hope you got your good nights sleep and at least some teary free days. I found isobufen plus great if I cannot sleep. Keep smiling soon it will all be a distant memory xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.