Anyone else's anxiety a million times worse in the mornings?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Is anyone else's anxiety a million times worse in the mornings than during the rest of the day? I'm finding as the day goes on things are improving however first thing in the morning it's a nightmare, I feel like until I have taken my meds nothing works and I feel absolutely rubbish, I don't know if I am in my mind using the meds as a placebo effect and it's in my mind that I won't feel I can get on with things until I've taken them or if I really do feel rubbish until I've taken them! I'm off to hospital on the 5th for a scan on my heart and to have a 24hr monitor however it's my head that never feels right :-(

2 likes, 42 replies

Report / Delete

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yep same, I dont understand it at all??
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes I used to be a morning person but now I dread the feeling! Hoping to get better, have been on medication for a little more then 3 weeks (Prozac).
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My anxiety is so bad in the mornings I wake up in a panic and sometimes throw up. It's horrible I hate going t9 bed at night bc I don't want to wake up to that feeling sad
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What meds do you take in the morning to help you feel better. I have to take an ativan (lorazepam) as soon as I wake up or I feel the same like I can't do anything until I take it.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I take proparanol and sertraline, I've had the mother of all headaches today to feel like my head is going to explode and it's making me feel really woozy :-(
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes! Sometimes it gets a jumostart at five in the morning. It was exolained to me but i dont remeber ro write it. Your bp drops when you are sleeping then rises as you wake and cortisol levels and such. The body is basically a lot quieter inside when its asleep and something happens in the early morning hours as it gets ready to wake up. But yes a million times kver that anxiety tends to be the highest in the morning.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Mine is so bad in the morning. I'm having such a bad day today literally panicking about panicking sad I'm so scared that I'll never beat this then it sends me into panic over drive it's a vicious circle! I started meds but the side effects made me have massive panic attacks and I couldn't even look after the kids I felt so sick! My partner had to take the day off work so I feel like I can't even take meds sad I wish there was somewhere I could go for a few weeks to get over the side effects so the kids didn't have to see me in a state. Just feel trapped. Sorry for hijacking your post I just needed to get it out I feel so alone and scared sad have meds worked for you? Xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

20mg of citaploram but I took one and had a massive panic attack and felt so ill the next day I couldn't even get out of bed to look after the kids! Because my partners always at work I have to be well enough. I'm just having a bad day and scared I'll never beat this. I've only been this bad for about a week but it's just horrible I hate it so much I just want to be normal again :'( how are you doing today? Xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am exactly the same but I started taking 20mg 4 weeks and 2 days ago and I am definitely seeing a difference at the very beginning I felt dreadful woke up literally crying my eyes out, felt sick, dreadful dreams so didn't sleep that well, begging my husband not to go to work, my sister had to do the school run for me and my dad had to come and sit with me all day or take it in shifts with the rest of my family, I also have a 4 month old that I just felt I could look after but on a

Positive note it is getting better, my irrational thinking is getting less and less and I am able to do wee bit more everyday , 2 day is the 1st day in 4 weeks I haven't taken a 2mg diazepam and the mornings are getting slightly better, everyday is a little step further, just continue with you tablets and hopefully you will see a difference soon, I know how impatient I was I wanted to be better in a day but really starting to see a small change, keep thinking it will get better believe me xxxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's great to hear your on the road to recovery!! I hope I can be on the right track soon! I'm worrying I'll get worse and I just can't because I don't have anyone who can help during the day. I keep worrying and worrying and spiralling into panic that I won't over come this it's so scary. I just don't know what to do because I can't take the meds coz I have nobody to help me with the children. Just don't know what to do sad x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I tried 3 different meds and I couldn't take citalopram either. It made me so sick and I didn't feel right on it at all. You should try sertraline or prozac they seem to have less side effects.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Dont know reqly, woke up very tired anxious, but don't need to take diazipam, I just get out, have done anything around the house for 3 days, felt really good this afternoon, like I felt normal, didn't last long tho, but I am extremely tired 😫, keep yawning, so maybe that's why I'm feeling a bit crap tonight, thinking of getting some night nurse?? What do peeps think?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well you started to feel normal that's a really good sign! It might not I lasted but it's a start of things to come! I keep having moments where I feel strong and that I'm going to beat this but then I spiral again but atleast it's a start!! Why not try down thing herbal like calms sleep or lavender spray for your pillow? Xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I guess its a good sign, I hope it is, those natural stuff dont really work, its really hard to be like this at this time of year, when everyone is happy and in a Xmas mood 😏
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know tell me about it sad especially because we have children! I'm constantly putting on a brave face but I feel so withdrawn. I feel so guilty! Have you tried controlled breathing? I've found that helps if you can go into a quiet room. People to recover from this my therapist said that so many people get better. We can do this we just have to keep battling on. I find that coming on here helps when I'm really struggling just hearing words of encouragement is so nice!! Xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea this forum helps me too! We justg need more people who have recovered to be on here and tell us everything lol, but I guess when you get better, you just want to forget about the awfulness of what you went through, and get on with life xxxx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had an awful awful morning!! Work up so nervous and anxious and ended up in floods of tears just so scared that I'll never get better and there's no way out and I'll be like this forever!!! Worried that I'm loosing the plot. But then I managed to pull myself out of the spiral and try and rationalise my thoughts. I've started to feel a bit better again. I had a really good night last night I'm really up and down. I have positive moments then I crash back down again!!! How are you doing today? I hope today is a good day for you xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

When I say audio I mean an expert in anxiety. I found 1 and listened through my ear phones laying in bed in the dark. She hit every nail on the head and made me realise I wasn't about to drop down. Since then I've been feeling great. Try it you may be surprised. X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi could you private message me with where to find the audio, so suffering with health anxiety at the moment need to try and calm my mind down so what x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up