Anyone else suffer this

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm trying to over come heath anxiety I'm thinking positive thought I can be in calm relaxed mood when out of nowhere I get this intense feeling of impending doom and death and my heart will pound and will hear thud thud thud in ears... Niggly pains in chest that come and go.... Forever tapping my foot.....when I think of positivity I get all these sensations like my days are numbered even writing this my hearts pounding.. Is this really just anxiety??????

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have very similar feelings of anxiety (I have a heart problem that I know won’t kill me )But any slight chest pain can send me into a spin .i can go for weeks without the doom feeling ,then like today I get intense shudders and lightheaded ..speaking toHeathly Minds has started to help me ..good luck to you ,
  • Posted

Sounds like classic health anxiety. You and your therapist need to try and determine how your mind 'learned' this anxiety response and try and defeat it that way. In my case, a troubled childhood with feelings of panic shaped my subconscious. It's the cause of a lot of my anxiety now.

• Posted

Hi I have health anxiety it’s awful I constantly think I’m dying I’m 9 weeks pregnant and got classic symptoms but I’m otherwise convinced I have cancer sumwer in my body wat a doctor is not goin to search for and it will be to late when caught I hate feelin like this I wanna be happy again I’m on beta blockers for physical symptoms of anxiety to I get bad palpitations hang in there hopefully we come through this xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.