Anyone else with sore muscles & joints??

Posted , 13 users are following.

I'm having a peri-freak out!! Does anyone else wake up with a sore elbow, knee, hip etc..? Yesterday it was my knee and today it is my arm. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already but sometimes it's just so reassuring asking you ladies questions and getting a response, it helps me calm down a lot :-)

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes!! I find I get sore calf muscles while walking.. .also get pain in wrists and arms 😂 it's awful!

I've started taking a vitamin D and Calcium combo vitamin. Hoping it will help.

• Posted

Hi there, in answer to your question, most of us going through this process have had niggly aches and pains anywhere and everywhere on our bodies, so don't worry what you are going through is a normal symptom of this horrible but unavoidable process. X

• Posted

Yes!! One day it's my knee, then an elbow, then my calves, then a wrist. Sigh. I like to analyze everything and am always searching for the "why". Was tested for nearly everything to rule out other options. Hard to believe hormones can do all this but but it's true. Hang in there friend. We'll gimp along with you 😊

• Posted

Ladies... I've tried tuneric and this has helped with a stiff sore back... Look it up on Amazon and check reviews... Again I take lots of vitamins.. Bde, cod liver oil magnisium and hrt.. 2mg... Hope this helps.. Ck

• Posted

gets lot of vitamin d into you , might help 

• Posted

Hi, sister-friend...

I totally understand how getting reassurance from others who can actually empathize, calms you down. I am the same way.

Yes! I have found that on the morning after the nights that I actually slept more than 4hours without waking, I DO wake with a sore hip, or elbow or shoulder or neck. Always on the aide I've slept on. I'm guessing it's from not rolling over or moving about while sleeping.

My first thought is always something sinister, (another fun side effect of this time of life- anxiety!) but after prayer and moving around, I'm usually fine after about 30 minutes.

Hugs...

• Posted

I do. Right now I feel terrible back pain on both sides below my shoulder blades and I am doing the search the internet thing to see what might be wrong but I know it’s peri. It’s scary when your whole body betrays you. Sometimes it’s my arms and sometimes my hips or lower back. It’s all rubbish!
  • Posted

Calcium helps, a good joint supplement with glucosamine chondroitin, with msm and turmeric helps. Also, taking Epsom salt baths helped me also. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Thanks to all of you ladies smile I know it is peri related (plus couple of days away from period) but it still make my health anxiety (ANOTHER peri nightmare) skyrocket. And now comes the jitters, bloated feeling, nausea, etc...etc....Hugs to you all biggrin
  • Posted

Omg yes this is pretty new for me keep straining everything thought I was sailing through it lol obviously not !!!!
  • Posted

Oh yes!! I wake up everyday now with hurting hips, even in the night it wakes me up when I turn over. Then off and of I wake up with what feels like a sprained ankle (never had one in my life) and then it get better later in the day.  Also my wrist has been hurting too.  

I feel like a huge weight is bearing down on me, and I'm heavy and walk in a fog.  I just feel SO tired, like a ton of bricks for no reason.

Is this menopause???

I have been diagnosed already, but didn't this was from menopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.