Anyone experience anxiety out of the blue?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi!

I was told I am def in peri menopause. I am 49 and actually can see looking back it started years ago. Missed periods, bleeding every 2 weeks then nothing. But i have been experiencing anxiety and panic attacks out of the blue. I don't even feel like doing the things I use to do because of them. Anyone have an suggestions?? The other day i had to ask my daughter if I looked different because who I see in the mirror is someone else!! LOL ugggg

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes!  I am on this board right now because I am feeling a rather strong wave of anxiety and a feeling impending doom.  It happens often and I am tired of this symptom.  I am having a nice day and then poof --- I am horribly anxious inside my own home.  When the anxiety is more frequent, I have also looked in the mirror and felt that I didn't recognize myself.  I am trying mediation and some self help books but I have yet to find the magic cure.

• Posted

I also am trying meditation. I feel for you too! So weird I will be talking to someone my job is very interactive and I just feel like I have to get out of there. I try and laugh allot and when I feel weird I tell myself this is just hormones your ok but doesnt always work sad
  • Posted

Yes quite often. All throughout peri menopause until I went in hrt. I am still taking it I am 61. 
    • Posted

What hrt do you take? I need to find a doctor that will put me on some because its getting worse. I think because I have no hot flashes its more emotional they don't want to give me hormones.

• Posted

During peri menopause which is where you are I was prescribed a birth control pill then transitioned to Activella which is HRT once my periods completely stopped. The birth control pill truly helped me feel so much better as it shuts off your imbalance of hormones and keeps you on a steady level. Really felt great. HRT just helps ease the menopause symptoms some women go through. I am very symptomatic and I will not stop taking them as it will just throw me back into misery. Good luck! 
  • Posted

Hi Deedee,

For me, the anxiety and panic attacks were the worst.  My life was becoming completely unmanageable because of it.  I could not drive myself to work, I hated leaving the house.  I just never knew when one would occur.  I was a prisoner of my own mind and body.

Like many other women here, I ended up going on an SSRI.  It has definitely helped.  I drive myself to work everyday and am no longer home-bound.  

• Posted

I also was prescribed an SSRI prior to BCP it helped me as well but the BCP really stabilized me when added . 
  • Posted

Hi Deedee, yes i am also experiencing anxiety. just 2 days ago i got in from work and walked my dog as usual, while i was out i felt a little light headed and suddenly hot and bham  sudden fear heart racing, mouth dry. I got home my husband asked if i had been running as he said i looked flushed, i replied no just feel strange and had to walk slow for fear of collapsing. I had to lay down for 15 minutes then felt very tired. I have had  things like this before. I am 47, and am trying mindfulness at night to try and help with anxiety. I also have health anxiety so all this is playing havoc on me. I am currently on day 24 of my current period and feel exhausted. I am also having pains and twitching in my calf muscles which is awful at night. Try mindfulness it helps me a little. xx  
    • Posted

Awww I can relate to all this! I feel like Im not living my life the way I should. Its all so weird! I know its not forever but for now this stinks!!!!! So happy to have you all on here! We arent alone!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.