Anyone experience low pulse with celexa?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Running a very low pulse , lowest noted 47 since starting this medication yesterday. Anyone experience this? Its freaking me out.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori-ann

47 seems a little low especially if you are not resting. I would check this out with your doctor either way. May be worth ringing the surgery for advice.

• Posted

Yes it is a resting pulse.. running around 60 standing. Low pulse a side effect of this medication do you know?
  • Posted

Hi Lori-ann

If you have a low resting heart rate, which it seems you have, you should speak to your doctor about it when taking citalopram. On my citalopram leaflet it says tell your doctor if you have a low resting heart rate.

• Posted

Definitely speak to your doctor that is too low.
    • Posted

forgot to mention, my pulse and blood pressure was all over the place when i tapered off some other head medication, so it could be temporary.  I have a blood pressure machine for when I am tapering of meds, I know you are not tapering but I noticed since being on this forum that the side effects of starting are similar to tapering.
    • Posted

Yes I have had a horrible 24 hrs. I am not taking anymore of this medication....I also have palpitations and going on a heart monitor tomorrow...😞

• Posted

Yes it is..except my stomach med I have been on forever.
    • Posted

Combining the two Medications can increase the blood levels of the celexa..so there is and interaction...
    • Posted

There is major interaction between prevacid and celexa...
    • Posted

I didn't know that. It's been over 24 hrs since I took it...will I be ok?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.