anyone experience this when having anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having jaw pain all of today. I have had it before but it came when I would have a panic attack and my muscles wold tense. Now they just happen randomly.

I went to my cardiologist yesterday and I got an EKG and it came back fine but I'm worried it might be a heart attack now.

I can open my mouth and move it amd it doesn't hurt. Although I've been told it's common with anxiety, I'm afraid it's not.

Has anyone else had jaw pain because of anxiety or just randomly?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, trust me my friend its anxiety, I have had it all the time. Do you chew a lot of gum? That could be it so don't worry you will be fine.
  • Posted

Oh my goodness, I had a random jaw pain yesterday! It was so bizarre because usually it was accompanied with tense neck muscles but the jaw pain started and then it made my face tense up, close to being numb but it was more of a tense feeling it took about an hour to go away.

I've been having jaw pain since a long time ago when went to get a crown put in in the back of my mouth. They really stretched my jaw so it felt more like that, than the feeling I have when my anxiety acts up.

Hope you feel better! Try deep breathing and massaging the area. Or try the ice wrapped in a towel.

• Posted

Hi believe me I have all symptoms of a heart attack including jaw pain my doctor is great but all standard test have come back normal on repeated occasions. I've now insisted that I want to be referred to a cardioligist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.