Anyone experiencing severe back pain on tapering?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im tapering off this drug,was on 45mg when I reached 45mg the back pain getting severe,I do have spinal problems anyway,but would be interested is this another withdrawel effect? Or is it mirtazapine at lower dose causing back pain?

0 likes, 15 replies

Report / Delete

15 Replies

• Posted

It's absolutely mirtazapine I've come off 3 times now and had it each time, it's mainly my lower back, it's does go away as the first time I was on mirtazapine was over 6 years ago x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Do you mean you have back pain at 45mg or now you arw tapering down ?

I am on 45mg and have back pain. I plan to taper soon.

What tapering schedule did you follow and how has it been ?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have pre existing get spinal problems,but found the lower I got on mirtazapine the back pains are much worse,did 15mg to 30mg all side effects migraines sweats tinnitus palpitations nausea,stayed there three months,then dropped by 25% to 22.5mg,stayed there 5weeks,then to 18.75mg then down to 15mg,all had same side effects mentioned above,but when I got to 15mg my back pain was so bad I up dosed to 30mg for 12 nights (gradually back pain improved), now this may be withdrawel effect at lower doses,or mirtazapine does work on nerves and I have spinal stenosis so this drug may be helping mask pain,but can't cope with nightmares anymore,so definatley tapering off this drug,currently at 22.5mg for last 6 nights,will stay hold for 4 weeks until all withdrawels go then taper again.have GP appoint later month discuss options re back problems.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up