Anyone feel grumpy or hatefulish the first week?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does it go away sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Nicole

yes - it (most of it) goes away once you get to week 7 or 8 ish.

Just look at it as being a journey over a pebble beach, with no flip flops, to the golden sand stretch (where your favourite drink is waiting for you).

The pebbles are hot and hard, but the drink will be the best you have tasted for a long time and well worth the effort!

Erm...

I seem to have gone off on one - I think what im saying is, you have to have the painful bit first and just try to manage the symptoms.

We are all different and get different side effects, some are far worse than the ones you describe...

Stick with it....sleep...exercise...rest...wait..

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you! I'm trying to be patient but just eager to feel better. I have other symptoms but this one just bothered me. I'm ready for the sandy beach and a drink. I also feel tired a lot I hope that goes too...
    • Posted

With me, the tiredness comes and goes.

I feel good in the morning (tho not sleeping great yet) then get tired around this time. Then i perk up between 3 and 5, tired again around teatime, evenings are good (seem to wake up 8 untill midnight).

Not everyday is the same, but this is more often than not (im on week 8 and have been upped to 40mg 10 days ago).

I do get impatient at times, but am finding that i am laughing more, so am much better than i was from a mood point of view.

• Posted

hell yeah Nicole, I was the most unsociable son of a bitch for at least 8 weeks on 20 mgs, they upped me to 40 mgs which eventually calmed me down, the problem is that it takes time, perhaps less for some lucky peeps! sorry but this is where patience is a virtue, distract yourself with music which is a therapy on its own, reading, walking, fresh air helps the cause too, good luck, in a few weeks time you should be getting back to where you want to be- but if after say 8 weeks you are still struggling, do'nt be afraid to ask for a review and perhaps a higher doseĀ smile
    • Posted

Thank you! I appreciate all the advice. I've only been on it a week and just kind of feel tired and grumpy. I do have some good hours then some bad ours. It's mostly up and down. Hopefully within time it will improve. I believe it has helped my anxiety more than my depression so far.
    • Posted

Hi Nicole

I have been able to face more things recently - tax bills, paperwork etc.

The Fluoxetine is making this possible. I have much more to do, and am facing each day as it comes, just waiting to be strong again.

No quick fix unfortunately..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.