Anyone fighting anxiety without meds?

Posted , 13 users are following.

My question is that is there anyone out there that is fighting or cured anxiety without meds?

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i tried and failed, been on meds now for 9 months and feel amazing ,
  • Posted

Not here, but my Doc said once the chest problem is cleared we can try without medications which I would look for natural products.  Right now I'm buying essencial oils which helps relax but buying another supplement that has 20 different things is not what I have in mind.   I will see a nutritionist in the next few days looking for an option that will take care of the anxiety and stomach issues like mild reflux and gastritis.  One relates to the other. ;-)  Probiotics is one of the options, but I need to know whihc is best for my conditions.  I just started with Align which appear to be helping a little.
  • Posted

On medication for 9 months and I almost feel normal. The stress produced by anxiety is more dangerous to body then the medication itself.
  • Posted

Ok...well my problem is a little different. Two months ago I got stressed out over what I now know is allergies. Then my anxiety led to worries about my heart...then I went to three cardiologists and an electeophysiologist and they all say my heart is fine. But I still worry maybe they missed something. Should I be?
    • Posted

This describes me!! Ive not been to a cardiologist but ive been to the hospital a few times and doctors. Ive only had 3 ECGs,a chest xray and blood test as well as basic things like oxygen levels and listening to my heart.. im STILL worrying and only had my blood test yesterday..i have like every symptom of a heart attack but they say im fine (im 15) what are your symptoms and what tests have you had?x
    • Posted

I've had 30+ ekgs, blood tests, chest xray, echo, urine...all came back normal. Except low potassium...and I still worry!!!
  • Posted

I my case I was cleared by my cardio as well, and my heart rate is nomal when I have chest pressure.  So I have no doubt is not my heart ( they did al test that can be done up to Heart CT scan) They said once you are clear is not your heart you get better or you actually have anoher condition non cardio which could be as simple as gastritis or reflux.
  • Posted

I beat it without meds, but I recently relapsed. Beating it once makes the future a lot easier, though. You learn a lot of good techniques for beating it on your own.
    • Posted

What did you do to beat it first time around I also had a set back after getting better
    • Posted

I started going to the gym and doing what I love. Spending time with family and friends really helped to take my mind off of it.
  • Posted

Can you give us more details what helped you without medication?
  • Posted

Yep.. i'm trying.. not successful yet but i feel a lot better since my first anxiety attack 6 months ago.. eating healthier , exercises , gym , breathing techniques.. all helped smile
  • Posted

I've been fighting anxiety for about 2 years now, I just turned 22 years old in December. I've had countless trips to the hospital, and they have told me the same thing over and over. I've done countless tests, ECG, X-Ray and Even bloodwork, and everything came back normal. I fought anxiety by first starting to take care of my body, and exersicing. Also staying away from greasy foods and caffiene, and meditation. I've noticed that also my prayers have helped. Another way I fought anxiety was attending Traditional Sweat Lodges, and using traditional healing medicine. I forgot to mention I am an Ojibeway Native of Canada. I am now living better and feeling great! I started to realise, Anxiety is in your head, and the only way best way I achieved to control it is by meditation, Something you can do everyday, and that's just how I have been fighting/dealing with anxiety. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.