Anyone get depressed?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am 44 years old and have had several trips to the doctor with irregular periods starting at age 43, nothing came back on ultra sound and everything looked good, was not diagnosed with pre. However I would go for 11 days, 15 days, 3 day's sometimes just spotting. but now I have started May 19th stopped for 6 days and now have been on ever since. I am passing blood clots, several some as big as golf balls, some as small as a dime. very scary. I feel, weak, have passed out three times, starting having very vivid dreams, get the urgency to pull up stakes and leave. I dream of tranquility and find myself wanting it. (only problem is, the problem will follow so that's no good). I've been miserable for months now. I don't know who I am anymore. The mood swings are horrible. I want nothing to do with my husband or family. I avoid calls from any of my family, kids, mom, sister. Who am I? 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ditto stuff here. I'm 46. Not much mood stuff for me, but alot of anxiety. Passionflr has been my bff for over 4 yrs

• Posted

This sounds familiar I have had periods exactly the same since April although no clots but sometimes heavy sometimes light.

I eventually went to see the doctor had a biopsy done which was OK but I have been left with severe depression and having to take prozac.

It sounds like peri to me so I would go and see another doctor preferably a woman if you can.

If you don't treat the anxious feelings they can get worse as mine did

I know it seems hopeless but don't despair, hormones thrive on upset and stress so try to keep calm

• Posted

malesia,  get yourself some vitamin D3 to take.  This helps me so much with mood swings.  I can truly say it works and is a miracle vitamin.  Try it, I take 400iu per day, I have missed a week or two taking it and the mood swings, low feelings etc. return.  look up, Vitamin D3 for menopause. - Vitamin D Facts and Menopause
  • Posted

Hi Malesia, I had those clots like you lot of gushing when I move unfortunately I had a small fibroid and since had out now 3 years ago

Periods have stop now but not yet in post

Take it easy one day @ time they will calm down with time

And that goes for everything else, I do get fed with my big head and unbalance feeling I have had crap after crap gong and coming

But I'm getting through it and we will one day wake to be us again you will be fine.

• Posted

I had blood work this past week to see if I was peri menopause. It came but negative. But I have read it takes several blood tests to get an accurate reading because one minute hormones can be normal next minute they can be out of whack. I am the same way I use to talk to my sister several times a day and enjoyed it. Now when she calls I'm like omg I don't want to talk. These are horrible mood swings

• Posted

you sound like I was a few months ago Malesia except that I dont get the bleeding as I have the Mirena coil fitted so I havent had periods for years. I went through the depression, very low mood and very irritable with  everyone, not wanting to go out and crying every day for three months. I thought it was my sad disorder coming back as it was coming into winter. the long and short of it is I got to march was still feeling like I was on the curb but I was having palpitations for two to three hours at a time my heart was missing beats and I was being sick and sweating profusely something I had never done in the past. after about six visits to my docs and all the tests not only was I going through anxiety and stress I am going through the menopause!!!! it is a horrible place to be in my love. Now after being on anti- depressants beta blockers menapace and magnesium I am starting to feel slightly more human. There are lots of alternatives for the menopause its trial and error I have just order black cohosh to try and evening primrose with starflower I have been on that about a month. Please do not shut your family out I have involved my family and my work colleges and believe me having people to help and support you is a BIG help. when I am having a blip like yesterday and thurs I just say Im having a blip and they are so understanding. please dont suffer alone have blood tests for the menopause the only down fall is they have to catch it when your hormones are all over the place I was fortunate mine were but any good gp will realise what you are going through. come on here and talk to me if you like or anyone on this forum I have found a lot of support and strength too from this site. will you keep us updated so we can give you that supportplease

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.