Anyone get this in bad flare ups need advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I wanted some advice and too know that I'm not crazy or gonna die really

I was diagnosed after 3 years of chest pain arm pain bile reflux lump in throat and sore throats started on lansoprazole it helped a little well enough to not run screaming to a&e then recently I started having tummy problems so my doc wants test for h plylori and endoscope so took me off all acid suppressors that was a week an a bit agp I felt fine for a week then Monday night I started to have tremors and numbness in my face by yesterday morning severe diarrhoea and lightheaded as well as boiling hot an nauseas went docs did wee test and blood pressure all ok said it was gastritis and I was to rest and replace fluids

Here's my worry I haven't had the chest pain back just a pin prick feeling there and the lightheaded ness will not leave me alone my foot has swollen a little and the numbness comes and goes can this all be because of the reflux fighting to come back !! Can anyone else tell me if they have had similar symptoms and can it last for days I haven't been able to eat much at all but have been drinking as much as possible why is it I feel like I'm dying slowly I know something isn't right

Thanks all

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha,

I started with chest pains before Christmas which started after some medication I was on.  I then got put on Omeprazole which helped at first but then I has a bad night of relflux and since then I have had a lumpy throat feeling.  I was put on Lansoprazole in January again which does help and it is better than what it was but I am still having problems and can only mainly get liquids down but I am now under a private gastro doctor to help try and get to the bottom of it.  Have you gone back on your medication for reflux after coming off it as I have heard that if you take these kinds of meds for a while and all of a sudden stop taking it then you can have really bad effects from it.  Where you blood tests ok when they came back?  Maybe you should go back to your doctor and try and get some tests done for the numbness as that doesn't sound related to reflux stuff and sounds like its something that needs checking out?  If you get a Gastroscopy done then that will show if its a reflux problem.

Sorry if that isn't very helpful.

Hope that you feel better soon.

Amanda.

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying I have to be of meds for at least another week so the tests aren't compromised I think your right I need to go back to doctor get everything checked again as I seem to be getting worse more symptoms appearing like shortness of breath which I do sometimes get when reflux is severe but it seems a lot going on for it to be all stomach related it gets a little frustrating cause doctors look at you like your mad and I start to think I may be lol vicious circle right your anxious because your sick and sick because your anxious rolleyes thanks again for taking the time to reply I'm very grateful x
    • Posted

samantha

re : gets a little frustrating cause doctors look at you like your mad

doesnt it just.I take it your in the UK so I just hope its taken more seriously in the States Ted

• Posted

Yep I'm in the uk fabulous isn't it I can honestly say that the doctors here would rather chuck antidepressant medication at you then to address that acid can cause so many symptoms ridiculous isn't it

• Posted

samantha yet again I have to totally agree with you.Mine too gave me anti depressant pills which I really did not want to take but my wife and daughter insisted that I did.It was only when I returned to question his decision to put me on them that after chatting he suggested I may have AR so straight away took me off of them and put me on Lans....

Just in case you havent seen my posting about the Dropping Acid book I would not recommend it as its aimed at an american audience and also the way it describes our problem has made me worry even more about what it is doing to us.

• Posted

I brought that book and totally agree aimed for Americans complete waste of money an I am the same my mum forced the doctor to prescribe antidepressants as of yet I have held off taking them of course we are all anxious who wouldn't be when we are having classic signs of stroke and heart attacks !! And then to be told it's acid but the doctors are not knowledgable enough to help us vicious circle honestly who wouldn't be anxious when they feel as tho they are dying slowly
    • Posted

yes samantha the bit in the book that scared me is the acid being the sea and washing the clinging lobsters up. Crikey !
  • Posted

Hi Samantha,

I had my gall bladder removed 11 years ago and have had stomach trouble ever since. Another bad week started with diarrhea on Sunday morning by Sunday night lying in bed I thought I was having a heart attack pains shooting down my arms and up into my jaw i really panicked all stemming from my reflux. I have spent 2 days on the toilet as I can't take anti diarrhoea drugs as it causes stomach spasm which usually ends up with me going to a +e and they do nothing. I take buscopan regularly when I have an episode 4 cramps it's the best I've tried. I've had a scope and an mri all clear so don't know what my problem is. I know this is not helping you but it is good to know other people have similar problems ☺

• Posted

Hey Laura thanks for replying it sounds as tho we have similar issues I ended up in a&e today I passed out twice in the night they think it's really bad stomach flu I have never felt so ill at one point my ecg report went crazy and I thought I was gonna die rolleyes but they gave me fluid and said I could go home but to drink lucozade u can imagine what that is gonna do to my reflux but I honestly jus want to get better palpitations are awful from the dehydration as well as the aches pains and blood pressure drop I still think it's cause I stopped the lansoprazole and the reflux is out of control but no doctor will listen when u say that I hate this everyday not being able to eat barely living it's got to be taking it's toll on our bodies and mental state

Hope u are feeling ok and that one day they will cure this x

• Posted

Samantha Sorry to read what has happened to you today. I hope you feel better very quickly Ted
    • Posted

Thank you ted I appreciate that I'm hoping a few days rest an a replacement fluids I will be back on track fingers crossed anyway x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.