anyone get very painful knees

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi there fellow Fibros,

Does anyone else suffer from chronic pains in their knees.  it is getting so bad that i am finding it very hard to walk any distance because it takes nothing to start th epain.  i also find that if i am in bed and have managed to get to sleep i am being woken up in so much pain it makes me cry out as i am not able to straighten my knees especially my left one.  i also find that my knees often give way and my step daughter thinks this so funny, little minx she is only 13.

kind regards and gentle hugs

janet

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure which forum I'm in for this , I'm new and just getting around. Yes I have this I have hypomobility eds dystonia fibromyalgia so I know it's any one if these but I guess it's mostly hypomobility when I had it at its worst my vitamin d levels were really low. Calcium levels were too. As soon as I got my bit d up calcium levels came up naturally. Get your bit d levels checked out. Stay away from sugars , natural sugars are ok but try stay off sweet things it does help with inflammation , 
    • Posted

Hi Joanne.WELCOME...u will learn UR way round soon. If I can figure it out anyone can...

there r so many here to choose..bones joints and muscles ..and EDS 

I HAVE low vit D and it's the climate I live in. Actually most ppl live north in latitudes above the equator have been tested to have lower levels of vit-D

Sugar has in the laser 25 years been limited in my diet. White flower is not my friend at all.. A good diet is wise that's for sure.

there r so many different EDS. I have a lot of mobility in my joints which has led to osteo arthritis in my hips. Had both replaced.. All that extra movement can cause serious joint issues later. As u know EDS was a unknown when I was a child.. Most docs would say wow UR double jointed UR thumbs aren't supposed to do that..I have the hypermobility type, same as u and FM...just to name a few...confused

Keep looking around u will get the hang....cheesygrin

• Posted

Hi dobie,

i have painful knees they r really bothering me. UR knees too have arthritis ?

Please see UR doc ASAP. That sounds like serious pain. U don't want to risk further injury by not taking care of it now. 

Both mine have arthritis. Some knees r injured accidents etc or both.. 

X-rays will help the doc with a diagnosis and discuss treatment plans available to u.

a prec. For pain meds but DMARDS help mine. 

Sometimes injections help and pain meds,PT, knee splint. Or surgery. Once UR options r discussed then UR on UR way to recovery..ice them and take anti inflammatories every 6-8 hrs. Most of all rest them no weight bearing for at least a week. Keep them up on pillows and Use a cane/stick for stability . U don't want to risk a fall.. It's just until UR thru the initial recovery. 

Keep us posted. Not fun being in that much pain.. Get better soon! cheesygrin

• Posted

Hi Janet. My knees hurt especially when going up stairs (10 steps instead of 13 would be much nicer) .  Before I was diagnosed with Fibro I always thought I was going to need knee replacements. My worst area is my back and neck. xx
  • Posted

My knees give way due to hypermobility syndrome which has recently been linked to fibro. Apparently I have shallow sockets and joints which cause dislocation in various areas.
    • Posted

I have the same my hips are the worst large sockets they displace when I'm walking , they go back when I lay, I get a large clunk when the go back my right sides the worst my left side clucks and creaks when I walk. I get snapping sounds in my left clavicle and I feel like my ribs actually crack although I don't know if it is my ribs but it feels like it is. Sympathies x
    • Posted

The pain in your ribs could be them dislocating. I am lucky enough to have a gp who is very interested in fibro and hypermobility so he takes every ache and pain seriously. When I mentioned my ribs, especially when I bend down, he said they can dislocate like the other joints.
  • Posted

Hello all, I get loads of pain in my knees now. I were diagnosed 3 years ago, and now my left knee is worst of all. Especially when I wake after a couple of hours sleep. The pain makes we shout out loud, I just can't help it..It's as if its locked and the pain is excruciatingfrownsadsadsad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.