Anyone had problems after 2 years on birth control?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This might be quite long so i appreciate anyone who reads this. So after my baby was born i bled for more than the 6 weeks i didnt tell my ogbyn i was doing strenous activity because i knew he would get mad if i happened to tell him i tried doing exercise on the 4th week he prescribed me bc pills i always been against bc simply because i was already chubby and i feared weight gain and strokes. But i went ahead and took them it immediately stopped my bleeding so i took them for 5 days before i decided to stop and then what you know i was bleeding after that. I wa upset and told the dr he told me i cpuldnt just stop taking bc and inserted nexplanon it was perf. No periods for a year and when i got periods no pms pains or heavy bleeding like my old periods. Plus no smelly period! I had such horrendous smelling periods when i was younger when i got bc the smell also subsided it wasnt strong and that was great. But on august i had a long period it wasnt heavy but it was 21 days long. On spet it cake late but it started on the 17th ended on the 23rd and came back on the 25th. Ended on the 31st. I then got frightened went to request a pap was denied because i was 20 needed to be 21 so i get it done privately. I didnt bleed until a day later of the pap smear which was weird because i hear women bleeding right after the pap. Not the next day and only a bit i bled for 5 days then ir stopped then on the 12th i bled again stopped on the 18th. Afraid i decided to get nexplanon removed and i couldn't till the 1 of November. I had another period on the 27th and lasted till the 29th. I went for a transvaginal us and it showed a. Simple cyst on my right ovary with little follicoles on it something like that. I then got on bc pills for the cyst on the first of November i also got a bartholin cyst extracted on the 8th. When i pulled out my gauze i basically bled so much it scared me like crazy so i went to the hospital he had a look and said i must've pulled to hard. And it stopped i then started to discharge brown oily discharge i assumed it was from the gland cyst but it got heavier and on further inspection which meant taking a mirror down there i saw a lot of brown stuff in my vagina i was so scared. I went to a MD he took a look and said ypur just on your period he then got a stick the kind they put in your mouth as a kid and he took a swab and showed me my blood. And after that i went home and my bleeding got more heavy my pap came back normal. I cried so bad i went to my obgyn and told her straight up i think i have cervical. Cancer and probably advanced by now because i ben having flank pain leg pain and back pain. She took a look at my cervix and said it looks healthy its most likely your period caused by bc. She then gave me a depo shot to control the bleeding and it did. But i am suppose to get a period tomorrow and im scared. Has anyone got abnormal bleeding after 2 years of birth control or should i push for more investigations? Tests i already uad 3 us 1 pap came out normal and a ct scan normal but only showed a cyst that is probably gone by now. Since it did shrink. The dr did go heaby hand when he yanked the speculum out my cervix. The obgyn was gentle and it wasnt painful but the dr made it hurt like crazy. Im scared. Please anyone who cam reply give me some insight.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Also id it was cervical cancer would birth control ease the bleeding?. Im so scared i feel like by the time they find it it will be advanced and i will die.
  • Posted

I got the iud rite after i had my son. It been bout a year. The whole almost 9 year did not have a period. They wanted me to take pill i did not. I thought cuz the last 5 months my period was finelly reg. But last month or so i feel diff. All the sign of being pregnant. Boobs leaking and everything. Took test neg and so scared to go to doc my pap 6 months was ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.