Anyone had side effects with your body whilst being on citalopram ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Have noticed some changes in my body and read that it could be down to cit but the side effects were rare just wondered if anyone else have had rare side effects ?

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Danielle. Yes, at first i felt very sick for a week. I have been on them now for about 3-4 years. I get waves of sick feelings every now and again but these only last a min each time so i can cope. I sweat more when i am on a higher dose (40mg). At the beginning its a lot worse than it is when they have settled in your system. Some people the side effects at the beginning could last a couple of months. It also makes some people more anxious at the begining but this doesnt last. Without these tabs i am an emotional wreck. My advise would be to stick it out a coupke of months and if no change ask your doc about an alternative med..xxx

• Posted

Well iv been on them on and off for 3 years and only just noticed what was happening, I have probably had the side effects for a while but only just noticed. Anything to do with makes me paranoid I guess 😶
    • Posted

Well to be honest my side effects come and go and are sometimes worse than others. I have different side effects on 40mg to the ones i have on 20 or 30mg... I grind my teeth in my sleep when on 40mg... and smetimes i sweat alot more than normal which i can only put down to this medication as i never have before. But like i say, these side effects arent all the time, they come and go. Probably the same for you hun.xxx

• Posted

Yea I get teeth grinding that drives me mad am only 20mg 
    • Posted

My partner has to sit and hold my jaw while im sleeping sometimes just to stop it... Lol bless him. Its horrible though cos it carries on through the day when i get it bad.. xx
    • Posted

Sometimes in the day but have wear a gum shield in bed. Look right treat I do lol 
  • Posted

I HAD EVERY SIDE EFFECT THIS DRUG CAN CAUSE, EVERYONE ON THIS SITE SAID I WAS TRYING TI SCARE THEM. I FELT LOUZY. I WAS ONLY ON 10 MG BUT MY DR FINALLY LISTENED AND BELIEVED ME EVEN THOUGH OTHERS WOULDN'T .
    • Posted

Good for you for making your doctor listen.  I had the same problem.  I didn't know anything about side effects, I hadn't discovered forums like this at the time.  I took cit in good faith and was so very ill with it.  I had stomach upsets, my hair fell out in handfuls and I kept hearing loud noises that didnt exist.  It took me breaking down in tears in the doctors surgery before they would accept what I was saying.  Even then they only reduced the dose and wouldn't agree to taking me off them.  I flushed them down the toilet in the end, otherwise I just would have jumped off a bridge.  Not everyone has these issues but a few do and we need to be believed.
  • Posted

I AM GLAD I WAS ONLY ON 10 MG IF I WAS ANY HIGHER DOSE I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE DIED THE WAY I FELT ON 10. I AM GLAD I HAVE A VERY GOOD DOCTOR THAT KNOWS HOW TO USE HIS MEDICAL BOOKS AND LISTEN TO HIS PATIENTS. I HAVE BEEN OFF NOW SINCE OCT. 25TH AND AM BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE I WILL LIVE.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.