Anyone had thyroid removed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had thyroid removed Dec due to huge goiter and hashimotos not doing to great on levothyroxine 125 a day also have damaged parathyroids only have two left

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

OMG! I hope you will be alright. It sounds like you have been through quite an ordeal. Is there nothing else they can do for you? I am frightened myself. My blood pressure and pulse are out of whack, andI also have COPD as well as hyperthyroidism. It will be another 10 weeks before I see an Endocrinologist, and from what I am reading here, and the way I feel, I am frightened.

God Bless

Arlea

• Posted

Hi arlea13920

Don't be afraid...i know it's hard because you're in a hyperthyroid state right now (which makes you even more scared than normal; I know because I was there before I had my surgery).  I had my thyroid out in September, I've had a couple medication adjustments but I'm doing fine.  Don't be afraid of what you read, you need to meet your endocrinologist and see what needs to be done to help you.  Each person is different and every story is not bad.  Good luck and God Bless.

• Posted

Hi Sophie, 

Thank you for your kind words. I am waiting until July 31st. to see an Endocrinologist, and that is still over 2 months away. I haven’t been given any instructions as to what I should do to actively participate in my own health. I looked up what diet I should follow, and now my blood pressure is low.  I just don’t know what I should do while I wait.

i am sure you know about the pain all over your body, and not to exercise, or do too much, as the heart thumps, breathing is worse, (so yes, I am anxious)

i guess it’s the wait . I did get an ultra sound and I do have 2 nodules, one one each side.

Thanks again,

I am trying to focus on other things.

Arlea

• Posted

Hi again,

I know there are others on this site who can give you suggestions on supplements, etc. you can take but I can't believe your primary care is letting  you go for 2 months without any help.  Maybe a low level lopressor to help with your blood pressure and something to help with the hyperthyroidism.  I knew I was having a real issue when I didn't sleep at night for a couple months (and sleep aids did not help).  Could you ask your primary care doctor if they can do anything to temporarily help???

Hoping you feel better soon and maybe there's a cancellation at the endocrinologist's office.

• Posted

Well my meds still ain't helping me still feel like I'm exciting not not living my life my t4 was high so meds been changed again now 100 everyday also told to try the liquid but my gp won't give me it and parathyroids still not kicking in so still on four calcium tablets a day hope ur all feeling well

• Posted

Believe me, I know how you feel. I still have 2 weeks before I see an Endocrinologist. Hopefully, I will feel better, and pray you get better too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.