Anyone have an Ilizarov Brace?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Rollerskating accident 9 wks ago..... 12 wks minimum for all braces so im still counting but think iv a goid 8 wks left to go tbh🤕🤕🤕😁😁😁

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Craig, I too, was in a rollerskating accident.  Mine was May 10th.  I completely disclocated and broke my L. ankle.  I had surgery to put hardware in on Friday, the 13th of May. 

I don't know, nor have ever heard of that kind of brace, but I wanted to comment, since you and I hurt ourselves the same way.  I can't wish you a speedy recovery, since that is not possible in our cases (everyone here), but I hope you have as little discomfort as possible.

Beth

• Posted

Ty for reply 😊 Its three circular rings up to below my knee and pins are fixed that they go thru front to bk and secured pity i cudnt put a pic up lol how long have you to go begore fixater comes off?

• Posted

I don't know what a fixater is.  You and I may have different hardware.  I'm sorry.  I wish I could be of more help.  People here are really helpful, so I'm sure others with what you have, will comment.  Beth

• Posted

I'm having one fitted next Wednesday the 21st September. I originally had a longitudinal fusion of my left ankle back on the 26th January for arthritic pain. 12 weeks in after PWB I sustained a fracture to the tibia directly above where the screws were inserted. This has failed to heal itself and the decision was made last week to fit one of these God awful contraptions. The consultant said 3-6 months depending on how well it heals.. 

Im not looking forward to it!

• Posted

Im sure your nt but im here for you 😩 I had to inject myself every nite for 28 days to stop clotting! Iv problems sleeping as weight on leg hurts my back?! Pin site cleaning the worst.. you are only allowed to clean every 5 days and shower in between... ELAVATE ELAVATE... I think thats were i went wrong i lost my father suddenly 2 wks ago and i didnt rest at all so got told off at hosp last week at my weekly physio if i didnt follow rules the would be taken me bk in for 6 wl drip!!!! So im doing proper rest 2 hrs at the morn lunch n evening times ... Get used to wearing shorts round house n cantabery btms have outside zipper xx good luck xx

• Posted

I had to inject after the fusion and I have only worn trousers once in the last eight months!!!

i've been told I'll be able to weight bear once it's fitted so am hoping I'll be able to return to work on light duties some time soon as I'm now on SSP!

Sorry to hear about your father.

Thanks for the support too

• Posted

Ty andy its weight bear all the way but make sure you rest it i have a tilted seat in my work from 5 wks ago im a barber thought i cud swing kids around in the chair while cutting havent made it bk yet! Im onlympt so iv no pay and money tight 😁😁

• Posted

Very interesting to learn about! I just read up on it. Thank goodness for modern medicine or many of us would be in a terrible position right now!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.