Anyone have experience with prostap and mirena coil?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Briefly, I’ve been having awful pms for years now, I’ve been checked for everything hormone wise, things have always come back as ‘nornal’ Whatever that is. Got told it’s in my head and depression. Whereas I know the depressive part of this all is a side effect of whatever is going on, if that makes sense? 

I was referred to bham women’s hospital. They decided that a combination of one prostap injection to shut things down for a few months, and then inserting the mirena coil would help. I agreed, so on that day had both. 

I was due a period anyway around the weekend (this was all done on the Monday before). Lo and behold I started bleeding but it hasn’t stopped for 13 days now. Am I supposed to ride it out? Is this normal? 

I’m having awful headaches and hot flushes. Which from what I’ve read are a prostap side effect. 

I’m just really hoping someone else has experience with prostap and the coil and can possibly enlighten me or offer advice?! 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.