anyone help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed  6 months ago,  when i came home i had teribble trouble eating  i had the terrible dumping syndrome every morning,   this  sent me into depression and anxiety  which doctors perscribed 30mg mirtazapine (anti depressant) after being on them for a few weeks things did improve  my stools went back to normal  and my appetite increased,   however  every day i had loud  grumbling noises and exssesive wind which was really embarassing,  3 weeks ago out of the blue i started to feel sick  got the dreaded diorehha again in the mornings  which sent my anxiety off again   went to doctors who upped mirtazapine to 45mg ,  which have once again helped calm my nerves   but im still getting the exssesvive wind  really bad,  it feels like everything i eat  i can hear it going through my intestines making gurgling noises, and now my stools rotate from being loose to ok again.    ive cut out all foods that produce wind and tried changing my diet to one of a ibs sufferer  as my doctor  said it could be that but not diagnosed me with it.  had bloods done all ok.   as anyone else ever been like this   would love to hear from you  and any help would be appreciated xx

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I exprienced with constipation and bleeding before my GB surgery , two mos. after, I'm still suffering from bleeding, pain, burning n constipation. I have taken everything the docs give me. It improves a couple of day but symptoms return, I'm very nervous that it might b something more than just a tear in colon, the bottom line is that I can't sleep at nights thinking if I'm gonna die or what. I'm extremely estressed.

• Posted

Hi, Begonia,

Sorry that you're suffering so much.  After my surgery, I did three days of a clear liquid diet, then started incorporating frequent small meals of rice with chicken broth, applesauce and apple juice.  Lots of water.  Your bowels take about 3 days to process what you ingest.  So, what you take in on Thursday, should appear on Sunday.  There is a list of foods on line for people who suffer from IBS-D and IBS-C.  You need to be very disciplined in what, how and when you eat.  It's a trial and error process.  Medication can help in the short run.  

Best of luck!  xx

• Posted

Hi  begonia  id go back to doctors and tell them that its making you stressed hun   tell them exactly  what you have said here about not being able to sleep and your worried sick    hope you get sorted hun  xx

• Posted

I had gallbladder removed 12 weeks ago, and I've had and still have diarrhea daily. Despite keeping to a strict diet of ultra low fat, the symptom remains the same.

Some foods seem to help reduce the symptom somewhat, while some other foods seem to worsen it. When the dreaded symptom gets bad, I also have cramps in the lower intestinal areas.

So far, I've tried enzymes, probiotics, and fiber supplements to no avail.

However, two things I did discover post gallbladder removal - fiber actually worsens my symptom, and pasta helps to decrease it. Also, grilled chicken seems to help decrease the symptom.

I think everyone reacts to foods differently, but for me pasta and grilled chicken have helped somewhat. Might be worth a try to see if that combo helps you.

Also, someone in this forum mentioned avoiding drinking water an hour before and after ingesting a meal helps to reduce diarrhea? I haven't heard that suggestion before, but I'm going to try it for a few days to see if it helps. If it works, omg! Good luck, hope you find a solution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.