Anyone not had side effects with citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi iv been on citalopram since end of October but feeling really bad so my doctor up it to 30mg from 20mg. 2 weeks no side effects then the last few days I feel nausea spaced out scared horrible dreams and only sleeping for 1 hour periods at a time. Is it normal to get side effects after 2 weeks of feeling great๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜” any advice will be appreciated?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

All I have seen is people who have had problems with it.

The mum of one of my friends is the only only person I know of that has had no adverse effects with them. Everyone else in the world finds them awful

• Posted

Hi dawn I am on 30 mg for the last 6 months 20 before that for 4 months. I dream allot on 30 .mainly what happens in the day.! Apart from that you still need to be positive and push negative away. Its hard but focus on something. Not yourself
  • Posted

Hi Dawn,

I went sick in November and started on 10mg at the beginning of Dec, now on 30mg. I started a discussion just a few weeks ago titled "Dream, dream, dream" asking for advice etc. I was having multiple dreams every night after raising to 30mg. Every time I went to the toilet I would either go back to the same dream or start another (everytime!) they were vivid and yes, horrible. I was taking cita with my evening meal and was advised here, by a kind soul, to try taking it at bed time and see how it goes. I did and even though I still dreamed they were tolerable and a single one per night (if I did dream). I say if, as I started having them again beginning of the week just gone however, I did think about my problems a lot at the time and believe and pray it is a temporary clitch.

May be worth giving it a go!

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi Dawn 1208

I have been on them for 18 months and at first had some side effects for the first month, but have had none since. I am on 20 mg and hoping to reduce them and come off them soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.