Anyone on celexa (cit) who feels great?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I am on day 18 of celexa.  Am seeing a bit of improvement, but would like to hear from people who feel they are doing well.  It would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Linda

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda I'm on day 20 and think I'm getting a bit better . I've heard of  a few people who have taken it and they are great now I'm still waiting to feel great even though I am a bit better.  I'm taking it for stress and anxiety and also seeing a counsellor 2nd session tomo. Fingers crossed you get some positive replies .

Susan

• Posted

Hi Linda I'm on day 20 and think I'm getting a bit better . I've heard of  a few people who have taken it and they are great now I'm still waiting to feel great even though I am a bit better.  I'm taking it for stress and anxiety and also seeing a counsellor 2nd session tomo. Fingers crossed you get some positive replies .

Susan

• Posted

Hi Susan,

How's it going?  Just saw your message today.  I am now on day 20.  I think that my anxiety is getting slightly better and a lot of the side effects have diminished.  Still having trouble with nausea and light headedness.  Going to see the doc today to see if he can do something for my tummy - I've lost quite a bit of weight over the past month or so.  How's your tummy doing?  I'll be glad when things start to even out a bit more - hopefully soonbiggrin  Drop me a line when yo have a chance and we'll compare notes.

Best,

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda I'm on day 22 now and definately much better the panic attacks are getting less and less and I am able to drive again. I have had lots of side effects from ringing ears to feeling more anxious to aching limbs, sickly and tummy ache. I too have lost about half a stone and  it's not good because I'm thin anyway.  The side effects are going but I do go to the loo more and  have a bit of tummy trouble but  it seems manageable  at the moment . I desperately did not want to go on drugs and thought i'd never feel well again but I'm am feeling an improvement  . I go to yoga, dog walk and am seeing a counsellor and try to think positive . Good luck with your continued progress it would be interesting to hear what the GP says to you  . Thanks for replying Susan x 
  • Posted

Hi Linda, 

I don't feel great all the time but I guess that's why we're on it! :D . . . I do know that when I first started feeling it working, it was so refreshing. It felt like I couldn't even remember what being happy felt like at that stage and it felt awesome! 

I also found that just eating properly made a big difference. 

Sometimes I wonder if the citalopram is working for me at all, but then I remember how I was before I was on it (crying everyday, sometimes a couple of times a day, really severe insomnia and severe anxiety that was affecting my ability to go attendance at college). Then I realise, that yes, it is definitely working! I guess I haven't mentioned to my doc that I'm not feeling SPECTACULAR I guess but then, I'm waiting on therapy at the moment and when I was going to therapy before, while on citalopram, I started to have such a turn in my mood and I felt awesome. 

Have you tried therapy? I think cognitive behavioural therapy really helps! :D 

Best wishes as always from your friend,

anonymousgirl xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.