Anyone on mitrazapine 45mg trazadone300mg and 2 zopiclone 7.5

Posted , 4 users are following.

went through a very bad depression about 8 weeks ago.i was put on this medication iam feeling better but nowhere near my old self.i went through the terrible side effects but knew they would go away.tried cutting the sleeping tablet to. One but it wasn't very successful.anyone any experience of this drug combination

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carolyn, The Mirtz is designed to help with sleep and gives you an appetite as well as being anantidepresent. Also 45mg is a higher dosage. If this is your first depression you may want to try short term sedatives instead to see if you can Beet your depression, as the antidepressents have some bad side effects and Mirtz takes a lot to taper of it. But of course go by what your Dr advises but you know yourself how you are. Have a read through this site for go byes.

take care there

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply it's not my first depression have been on meds for 25 years I never thought I would go through anything like this again in my life.these meds are all new to me so not sure how to feel
  • Posted

I take Mirtazapine 45mg and Zopiclone 2x 7.5mg, both have been taken for years without much trouble.

Tramadol, I wouldn`t touch that with someone elses barge pole, horrible drug.

(BTW I`m amazed you have found a GP that will prescribe you 2x 7.5mg nowadays)

If you can, try and stick with the Mirtazapine, you are on the maximum dose, so you must have been severely depressed for your Doc/Psych to give you this dose, the side effects will wear off with time, but keep an eye on what you eat, as they can give you a massive appitite.

Hope you find something that works for you.

All the best

Paddy

• Posted

Tramadol and Trazadone are two rather different drugs. If I had to choose between Trazadone and Mirtazapine knowing they'd produce equal results, I'd go for Trazadone every time. However, I don't think you get the relaxation effect from Trazadone you do from Mirtazapine. (I have been prescribed both in the past, but not at the same time – neither was a complete cure for my insomnia.)

In fact, I don't know a drug that does produce the relaxation that Mirtazapine does, except perhaps the benzos and possibly the tricyclics. I think I might as well suggest morphine to my GP as a benzo, and I don't like the side-effects of the tricyclics – and at least one of them, possibly all of them to some extent, may be harmful to the heart.

• Posted

Sorry `bout that. I did realise almost as soon as I hit the reply button.

Amitriptilyne is commonly prescribed for sleep and anxiety problems, but the unwanted side effects ruled that out for me, others swear by it.

I guessed a Psychiatrist would have prescribed the 15mg of Zopiclone, that`s how I ended up on that dose, my GP would probably limit it to 7.5mg for at the most 2 weeks, yet they will throw some super heavy meds at you without a second though such as Seroquel, this didn`t help me sleep at night, but I was constantly head butting my monitor in the afternoon.

And as you say, I really can go and ask my GP to increase my dose of Morphine without any worry, but ask for another 5mg of Diazepam and I would be giving him/her CPR!

Strange how GP`s think sometimes

All the best

Paddy

• Posted

Sorry, ignore what I said above (no way to edit here, trazadone is completely different to tramadol (which I missread), all I can say about Trazadone is it didn`t work for me

Paddy

• Posted

Thanks for the reply it's nice to get input from people who actually take the  drugs.my gp isn't happy about the zopiclone my psyc put me on that and my gp knows it's necessary.
  • Posted

No I am on 30ml mirt and have been for a week but have loads of side effects. Hoping they will go, how long did it take for your to go?
    • Posted

The major side effects seemed to go after about 5 weeks.you have to stick with it because they do go or are easier to manage.i think to feel better makes the side effects acceptable they are only temporary that's what you have to tell yourself
    • Posted

I know iv had mental health problems for 25  years you do get better but sometimes you slip back.its a horrible place to be In but you do get there
    • Posted

Thanks for that it has been 15 for me and only got bad when I stopped drinking 7 months ago but would have killed myself with drink so had to stop! Panic and depression really got hold of me then! Can't win!
    • Posted

I can't begin to understand how difficult that must be.please be patient you will get there
    • Posted

Thanks I will try, you must have been the same. I feel sorry for the people that love me, they try to understand but nobody can unless they have been there!
    • Posted

That's it unless youv been there you don't understand I know my family doesn't get it.its not something you can explain to them
    • Posted

No how can they, waking up terrified of every day sound stupid doe sent it! They want to know why but if you don't know then how can they. 

being more scared of living than dying! why I don't know!

• Posted

The way we feel is horrific.im sometimes more scared of living mainly I suppose because it's hard to cope day in day out and everything worries me and making any decision or having a choice is awful
    • Posted

I know what you mean you wake up with it, nobody can understand unless they have felt like that. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.