Anyone on sertraline? Views on it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm under the crisis team now beacuse Iv been a emotional wreck I see a doctor today I'm on mirtizazpine but it's made me put on so much weight , the doctor I seen has said just stop taking them and start taking certraline 50mg every morning I'm scared. Will I be ok? Is this antidepessant good? I hope it don't make me put on more weight than the mirtazapine did?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

dont worry about weight so much now your off  MIRT   , All meds can add weight but not always, luck of the draw ,
  • Posted

I've been on both Sertraline and Mirtazapine. As you said I found I piled on the pounds with Mirtazapine. I'm now on Paroxatine / Seroxat and have found this is working for me.and I haven't put on weight. 
    • Posted

I was a size 8/10 .. Now I'm a 14 there even to tight for me I duno what's happening!!! It's put me down so much
    • Posted

Hi , I have suffered for 13 years Hun and recently was put in mirtz for 3 months , omg well they made me 10 times worse , I've stopped them now and on sertraline and feeling great , mirtz no good Hun don't be afraid to try new meds, u need to give it a couple weeks as u will get a few side affects ie, head ache not sleep but will pass and after that u will be grand , good luck babe xx
    • Posted

Mirtizapine has made me put on so much weight it's unreal did it with you? Yeah I'm starting sertraline tomorrow really scared to take them though. Thankyou Sarah!! Glad ur feeling ok xx
    • Posted

Don't be scared to try it as they all work differently for individuals. Give it a try if you find it doesn't work for you in the next 3 months go back to G.P. and ask to try a diffrent one but don't be scared.
  • Posted

Yes I put so much weight on but one of the side affects in mirtz was increased hunger , I have been on sertraline for 2 weeks and already lost half a stone , good luck Hun , x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.