Anyone recomend a spinal block of morphine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Due to have my large complex cyst out on tuesday they said you can have spinal block morphine has anyone had this if so is it painfull 🙉

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi bev, if it's anything like the spinal blocks they give you for an elective csection - they are not painful at all. I've had both epidural and spinal block and the only discomfort I had was due to being 9 months pregnant and having to bend.

good luck for Tuesday :-) xx

• Posted

Hi kelly thanks huni i think i will have that then instead of morphine drip x
  • Posted

I had it, not painful and meant i was pain free the few hours after surgery
    • Posted

Oh thats prob a better way then i suppose you dont feel as sick and drowsy just a bit freaked about the thought of it in your back i never had anythink like that with my kids 😟 thanks kaz feeling a tad neevouse now 
  • Posted

It's not painful - quite the opposite :D I could feel it 'wiggling' a little going in which freaked me out a bit but it was discomfort if anything not pain.

I had a general and a spinal for my last cystectomy and it's great pain relief post-op. They gave me the spinal as they weren't sure if they'd need to convert to open surgery from keyhole and spinal is best for open as it's much more major.

I've had 3 spinals in total now; 2 for cystectomies and 1 for labour - topping up my epidural to go into theatre for forceps delivery.

• Posted

Cheers aliceb i am now ten days post op and feeling better every day i had spinal and general for 2 large cyst removal and full ab hysterectomy i was then taken back to theater 8 hrs after for internal bleeding didnt realy have a good time in hosp i have recovered better at home tbh not sure if you have the same effect from ga but my mouth is very sore and red everythink i eat kind of burns ??? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.