Anyone take a antidepressant prior and then restart it later and it work?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I use to take Prozac about a year and half ago and then upon restarting I experienced different side effects. Has anyone experienced this and did it work the second time around?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was on sertraline for 5years I tried again and one pill sent me crazy sad I'm on flu now and struggling after increase
    • Posted

I took flu for 2 months after a traumatic miscarriage. I went off and been off it a year and half then had another miscarriage and I'm back to square one. I took one flu back in June because I was having a little bit of anxiety and it sent it through the roof and I was shaking with brain zaps. I really wish I could get back on flu because it works so good. I've been on paroxetine for 2 months and it has helped my anxiety a bunch but I just hear it's really hard to come off of it so I wanted to switch and I have very vivid dreams each night. It also hasn't helped my depression that much either like the flu sad
    • Posted

Iv just been upped to 40mg and going crazy day 4 hope it settles but scared. Anxiety hell. Iv heard its hard to get back on one that's worked before xx
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage sad
  • Posted

Yeah i have, with mirtazapine, i was on 45, downed it to 15, then up again and all kinds of side effects plus it lost its original effectiveness.. but i know not all antidepressants are like that. i came of prozac a few months ago, upped and downed a bit, too scared to go back on it now because of serotonin problems... i guess it dpends on the person. good luck with it !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.