Anyone tried a weighted blanket ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all ive always had trouble sleeping and the last couple of year have suffered with gad and im getting a weighted blanket for christmas and im exited about trying it just wondered if anyone has tried one themselves

many thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I tried a weighted blanket and was really hoping it would help with my early morning anxiety and help me sleep. Unfortunately it did not help whatsoever! In fact it made my anxiety worse! I almost had a panic attack because it made me feel closterphobic. Was a super expensive mistake. But I've heard it has helped others. It's just not for me.

• Posted

Hi @jode2233!

I purchased a weighted blanket a few months ago and its had a great impact on my sleep, I don't know how I did without it all these years!

When I was young I always used to pile blankets on myself (even pillows), it made me feel more secure for whatever reason and really cozy. Having this weighted blanket has brought that feeling back, along with a full nights rest 😄

I personally use a 20lb, 60"x80" blanket

If you decide to get one let me know what you think!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.