Anyone tried clomipramine?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi has anyone tried clomipramine for depression? did it help?

how were the side effects?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was given clomipramine in a pharmacy mix-up many years ago. I took it for three days, believing my psychiatrist or GP had changed it. I became paranoid that my neighbour was spying on me through the wall, and I thought I had to murder them for this. By the time I reached my hall to go there I was so upset with the contradictory thoughts (that they had to be killed yet it would be so wrong to do that) I collapsed on the floor and screamed and cried for 20 minutes. I told my GP (who apologised and sent a strongly worded complaint to the pharmacist) and my psychiatrist (who said that it had "unmasked something else.") I'm sure it's worked for others but it certainly didn't work for me.

• Posted

Hi Shaun im sorry to hear you went through something so heavy 😦

have you had a reaction like that to any other meds? im a bit scared to try it

• Posted

Hi Mike - that was the most drastic reaction I've had to any med. I tried paroxetine once and had to stop almost immediately because of nausea and terrible vision problems, but nothing as severe as the clomipramine. The weird thing is that I've never had any side effects at all from withdrawal from venlafaxine, yet so many other people do. Different effects on different people I guess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.