Anyone with BPH have constant bladder pressure?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My urologist said I have about a 20g prostate.  The most irritating symptom is that I have constant bladder pressure, which makes me feel like I have to urinate all the time.  Anyone else have this symptom?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello Mike..my husband feels the same...and he urinates almost every half and hour...but the symptom never dissapears...
    • Posted

Thanks for the response.  I'm going to try an Ayurveda treatment to see if that works.  I was prescribed Alfusozin but I don't want to take a drug forever.
    • Posted

Can anyone that has tried the Ayurveda treatment or taken the drug Alfusozin expound on the topic more???  I have never heard of either one.
    • Posted

Hi Chuck

Alfusozin is another drug like Tamsulosin and finestiride with similar side effects. I would steer away from such drugs.

Ayurveda is a herbal treatment and massage developed in India. I have not tried it myself. What I am trying is a fitness routine by going to the gym twice a week for an hour walking and running on the treadmill, cycling,rowing and other exercises for back,legs. I have reduced intake of caffeine by drinking water or pepermint tea. No alcohol intake. Finally stopped drinking after 7 pm apart from a little water if required.Regards Peter

• Posted

Hi Mike

Very slightly instead of 2-4 times a night it is now 1-2 .

During the day 4-5 but I drink plenty of fluids.

• Posted

Hi Mike

Steer away from drugs and not sure about this Indian herbal therapy. I would suggest some fitness routine and caffeine reduction. I go to the gym twice a week for an hour walking and running on the treadmill, cycling,rowing and exercises for the back, arm and legs. Reduce your intake of caffeine, drink water or peppermint tea. Reduce alcohol intake and do not drink after 7 pm perhaps a little water if required. Eat more vegetables and salad with your food and lots of fruit after. Regards Peter

• Posted

Thanks for the advice.  I've got a rowing machine I have to dust off.

Are you taking any supplements?

• Posted

I don't think it affects the prostate but it makes you urinate more, which would worsen frequency if you're suffering from it.
    • Posted

Hi Mike. No supplements just good variety of food fish, lean meat, veg and salad.
  • Posted

Hi Mike,  I also have a benign enlarged prostate (40g) and had strong pressure and urgency/ frequency ( up to 20 times / day).  After getting tachycardia on Flomax, the consultant recommended I try Saw Palmetto as an alternative remedy. I have been taking Vogel Prostasan for over a year and it works very well for the stream. I also have an overactive bladder and continuous pain so my GP prescribed Tolterodine, 2mg twice daily sorted out the urgency/frequency and reduced my need to pee back to normal.  
    • Posted

Hi Twiglet, thanks for that info. I've never heard of that brand of saw palmetto. I like that it's Swiss.  Have you heard of percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation?  It's for overactive bladder.  They stick a thin needle in your skin and you get electrical impluses for 1/2 hour once a week for 12 weeks (I think) and then just once a month thereafter.  No drugs at all.  I have a urologist appointment in a couple weeks and will ask about it.  I will also try some of that Vogel Prostasan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.