Anyone with ectopic heart beats please message me it's ruining my life!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just need someone to talk to I'm scared I'm going to die

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I get this when I'm very stressed. Had tests and everything seems fine
  • Posted

Xxaimx:  Why do you feel like you are going to die, sweetie...are you having a panic attack...Just remember that it will be over in just a few minutes and your heart rate will go back to normal and there is nothing to be afraid of....I know they are scary, but you will be fine....Hope this helps....
    • Posted

Hi Carole no I'm not having panic attacks I just keep getting skipped beats a lot for no reason my doctor told me it's probably my anxiety but when it happens I don't feel anxious at all, it does cause anxiety but at the time I feel fine. There so scary I think my heart is going to stop x
    • Posted

Hi, again, Xx...I have those, too, and my pulse always runs high. I had all the heart tests, too, so the dr. put me on Metaprolol, and that takes care of the skipped heart beats..It is a beta blocker.  I've been on a half tablet every day now for about a year...Maybe you could ask your dr. about this one or another beta blocker....HUGS.
    • Posted

Ahh see I have low blood pressure so they don't want me to have beta blockers as it'll slow my pulse even more. I'm going to the doctors in an hour with a ecg the paramedic did Saturday night I'll see what they can suggest! I'm scared all the time of having one and when I get one my natural reaction is to panic I try not to but I just do it anyway! X
    • Posted

He said that my ecg was fine and I shouldn't worry about the ectopics as no harm will come of them I just need to try and calm down and keep up with the CBT as it might start to help me as o don't think it is right now x
  • Posted

Hi I get ectopic beats every day have had them for  a few years now. It is horible and terribly frightening but you will be okay. I have had all the tests and its something you have to live with. It normally comes after the anxiety has ceased. Ihave had a loop recorder fitted and that was monitored for 2 years.Have you had all the tests
    • Posted

Thanks Ann! I've had a 24hr monitor fitted last September that caught some ectopics and I was told not to worry about them. But how can I not there so scary and I've got a 1 year old and the thought of dying just makes me so upset I want to be here with her forever sad x
    • Posted

Hi. Ask for a loop recorder to be fitted in that way you have a machine at home and you can transmit the beats straight to the hospital. It is a comfort knowing that they will look at them as soon as they come in.  Iknow how scary it is. take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.