Anything good from citalopram?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on citalopram for 2 weeks now. Always lazy, and I just don't feel normal. Well I haven't felt normal since I've been diagnosed with anxiety disorder. I had the worse panic attack 2 days after starting cit 10mg. But I survived, I just have no energy I lost my job and the girl I love. I'm trying to stay optimistic. All I want is to be normal, go places and win my love's heart back. I lost all my confidence, I just want to know if anyone else has had success and how it changed their life.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi I understand but plzz take more time 6 to 8 week

I was start cit 8 week ago first 3 week really bad

After day by day really good now I m much much better after 2 month I m back 2 job. I hope it's work 4 u . Just be strong I know it's hard but plzz take some time

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you so much! I'm gonna keep trying, it's really rough. I'm glad it worked for you gives me some hope. How did you know the difference? I'm just asking cause it seems like it doesn't work. Or I'm just doubtful that I will know it's working cause I'm at my lowest point in my life.

• Posted

Jonny

It does get much better. I have been on 20mg CIT for 6-months now. The first 3-weeks my anxiety got much worse then it slowly and I mean very slowly over the next 3- months got better each week. By the end of the fourth month my anxywas down by 75%. By the beginning of the sixth month it was gone completely.

Be kind to yourself. Get lots of rest and just get a warm blanket and cuff up as much as possible. You are not alone. So many people suffer with this issue. There's nothing wrong with you you're just going through a tough time in life. Try and eat 3x a day or more if you can. I also do acupuncture and take a cortisol reducer which helped significantly.

Hang in there. It does get so much better.

• Posted

Hi Jonny

Stick with it,you'll probably feel worse at first but after about 4 weeks or so you'll start to see the benefits. Definatley worth preserving. Long term also get some therapy as well,there are some great self help books on the internet. Cbt is a good one. Also any exercise that you like to do is great for anexity. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Keith,

Thanks for the info it really helps, all I do is lay in bed. My anxiety is worse but now I know that better days are ahead, can't wait to get back to work. I'm gonna win my girls heart back and make her the happiest woman I need the world.

• Posted

Hi Jonny,

It's tough mate but you need to stick with it. I've found that reading about the condition is really really useful. By knowing more about how anxiety is triggered I understand what is happening to me, and can relax easier when it kicks in.

The best book I've read is called The Chimp Paradox - strange name I know, but it puts a lot into perspective.

All the best.

• Posted

Thanks, Tom! I will stick with it and look into that book you suggested. I'm not gonna give up. It's good to know I'm not the only one, because I feel alone and the people around me just think little of me.

• Posted

Hi

You need to give it about 4-6 wks to get real improvement on Citalopram I know the feelings you describe well thats how I used to feel and it affects every area of your life I am retired now but worked full time for almost 25yrs during that time gettint to and fro work was a nightmare and any extra stress at work made my life a real nightmare You will come through this believe me you just need to give it more time in the meantime if you can find a friend or family member to say perhaps walk to your local shops with you sometimes that should help a bit it will start to give you your confidence back which is what you need right now

I have been on 20mg of Citalopram for between 2-3yrs now and am able to go to places on my own I went into town yesterday did some shopping and met a friend for coffee all these sort of things might only seem like small things to anyone else but you will be able to do the same once you start to feel better unfortunately it cannot be rushed and tablets do need time to work in the meantime try to get yourself into some sort of normal routine and do make sure you get plenty of rest too anxiety is so much worse when you feel tiredĀ 

Hope this reply helps a bit

• Posted

Yes, thank you so much! I appreciate your response and it's comforting knowing there are people who have gone through what I have.

• Posted

Glad to have been of some help yes it helps a lot to know you are not the only one as it makes you feel very isolated when you are going through such a bad time but believe me you will come through it just give it timeĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.