Anything to help with drowsiness on celexa??

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I've been on celexa for about 5 weeks and i love it but has anyone been taking any supplements or anything to help with the drowsiness? it's not bad but i have been noticing i take more naps than usual.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Olivia, I take at night and sleep well. Still pretty tired some days but expect that will resolve in the weeks ahead.

What do you love about Celexa? Curious because I am just starting week 5 at 20mg and still feel like hell. Many side effects the worst being incredible morning anxiety. Wondering when side effects got better for you.

Thx Shane

• Posted

Hi Shane! i'm sorry about the side effects you have been having. i had terrible side effects the first week on 10 mg, puking, nauseous, awful headaches. then when i increased to 20 mg my head aches got worse but after about 2 weeks at 20 mg they went away. i began taking celexa at around 330 , 4 pm instead of before bed time and my side effects have gotten better. hang in there!!

• Posted

Interesting. Maybe I will try taking earlier rather than bedtime. Do you have any morning Anxiety? How long have you been on Celexa in total?

I find that taking a walk even a short one helps with the daytime drowsiness. Even though it is the last thing I feel like doing!

Take care! SHANE

• Posted

Hi,

I have been on 30mg for over 2 years now. I till get tired ......... like Shane said go for a walk or get involved with something to take your mind of it smile

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up