apparently an incidental find of gallstones?!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been in pain on and off for months. Heartburn waking me in the night.. bending over after eating hurts like hell.. constant pain after eating regardless of what i eat aswell.. if its a full meal i hurt and more so with something fatty..Can anyone please tell me if this is gallstones? dr said my symptoms arent my stones and i have a hiatus hernia aswell but my symptoms have changed lately so i believe its the stones. I also feel sick some of the time and not eat cos of it. ive even forced a sandwich down me tonight and i feel sick... felt like gipping as i eat it. Pains in my ribs and upper back pain too.. Just want it all to go away xx anyone wanna share there story and help me feel im not fighting this alone please comment xxxx i also have a cyst on my ovary which isnt helping with the bloating and sickness xxx

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Peasblossom...My wife had  blood filled ovarian cyst as did her daughter and she felt sick and bloated and in terrible pain. She suggests you get an ultrasound scan straight away...don't take no for an answer. I have had my gall bladder removed and I can tell you that if you eat anyting fatty it will  cuase the gall bladder to squirt bile, but if the duct is blocked with stones that's when the awful discomfort kicks in. You really need ultrasound scans of your gall bladder and ovaries. Good luck -  Nick
    • Posted

i was admitted over 4 weeks ago with pains all over and suspected appendicitus.. which came back it wasnt that.. they gave me a ct scan and it showed the stones and a cyst of 3cm on my right ovary.. but i have no idea what kind of cyst and after 4 days in hospital i was sent home to wait for out patiences app. I have to wait til the 3rd june for a camera again and !5th june for the gyne and 29th june for gallbladder dr.... pretty fed up and upset im always feeling so ill... im so tired i feel i can fall asleep driving. things are getting stupid xx thankyou so much for the reply and i hope your daughter and wife have got sorted now xx
  • Posted

Cut out fat for a week or so that should help if your gall bladder if that's  possibly the problem, and you will know if the syptoms improve. Try raising the head of your bed about six inches off the floor if you get bad heart burn from the hernia and take antacids before you go to bed.

• Posted

thankyou nick.. yes i do all that hun... i even take gaviscon now before bed just incase but im still up in the night. Not having an evening meal helps but im losing weight because of it. I dread going to bed as i know i will hurt sad xx
  • Posted

Why dont you ask for a scan to see if you do have stones? Well dont ask demand that you have a scan! You seem to have so much going on health wise the pain your getting could well be your Hiatus Hernia the pain from Gall Sones is nothing like I have ever had before even child birth pain wasn't as bad! The pain I used to get started just under my ribs going into my back and shoulders I used to take Pantoprazole they worked for a while . Anyway I had my gall bladder removed 3 years ago but if I were you Go to your GP and tell him the pain is worse! If you can, try not to have the gall bladder removed try other avenue's first xxxx
  • Posted

Both my wife and I don't have our gall bladders and we always eat mid-day and a very light supper but I apreciate not everyone can do this. Try and hang in there, some times one has to get very stroppy with doctors to make them act.
  • Posted

I think the best way to be sure is to do an ultra-sound of your GB as mentioned below. I had mine reoved this week. Your symotom sound like what a GB will do to youu. It might be in a bad state especially the pain. Check your eyes color and urine color ...let us know how ur doing
    • Posted

thanku harrington.. I dont have any jaundice atm hun but my upper back hurts a lot and im getting random stabbing pains in my right sidebof ribs. uts not enough for me to go back in but I am monitoring it. I do have abad feeling though im gonna get worse and be back in soon sad . ill keep u all posted xx ty for your help
  • Posted

I would have an ultrasoound scan to check if this is gallstones.

That way atleast you then know what you are dealing with.

If it is gallstones, have your gallbladder removed sooner rather than later.

I had gallstones and had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago. Already feeling a lot better.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

LOve Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hi peas blossom I had replied to you earlier but the moderators deleted my post. I had my gallbladder removed 5 months ago and it's been a nightmare ever since. When I had my ultrasound last October they found 1 large stone and my surgeon recommended removing my gallbladder. What I wasn't told at the time was that I also had a large cyst on my ovary 7.5cm and a fibroid. I was only told about this after the operation. I had pain under my ribs and in my back from the stone but felt generally unwell. After the operation I was ok for 6 weeks other than the diarrhea and then I started vomiting. I vomited for 14 weeks every day and had persistent nausea.l also spent a number of weeks in hospital. They were going to remove the cyst but because I had full open surgery for my gallbladder removal they decided to watch and wait. I now believe a lot of my symptoms were due to the cyst. Also the main cause of gallbladder problems in women is hormone imbalance and high oestrogen levels. I would recommend trying alternative therapies or a naturopath before taking out your gallbladder because taking out the gallbladder will not fix the cause of the problem in the first place. Unfortunately I found all this out after my operation. I had mentioned some things to try in my previous post which is probably why it was deleted. If you want me to send you a private message with some tips I've heard that have helped others with cysts and stones let me know. Take care xx
    • Posted

thank u hun xx yes im not keen on my gallbladder out but im certain I want my cyst sorting xxx so fed up or feeling unwell xxx thank for your support xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.