Apple Cider Vinega

Posted , 3 users are following.

I`m presuming I have acid reflux although I do not have heartburn but I have an acid taste at the back of my throat and at the back of my tongue.. I keep reading that Apple Cider Vinegar will help..  Anyone tried this and has it worked?

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dear marion,

It might help you, I cannot really say but make sure you buy the organic apple cider vinegar because it is said to be much better for you.

I am not medically trained but I have IBS and type 2 diabetes. When I tried it I got sivere bowel cramping just as if I had taken lemon juice or coffee, they are all acidic and it seems I must avoid this. However, we are all different so by all means give it a try, it might work.

robert

• Posted

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your input.  Sorry it didn`t help you. I willl make sure I buy the organic apple cider - thank you for that info.

Marion

• Posted

Hi marion, 

Apple cider vinegar didn't work for me as well. My throat was irritated because of it I guess. My reflux was similar to to yours-no heartburn. But what worked for me is DGL chewable tablets. My acid reflux has almost gone with that. I believe it is really soothing for the throat. I have been chewing on these since a week and it has made a great difference. But I believe ACV works for lot of people so you should definitely try it! 

• Posted

Why would you take an acid for a problem like that. You are mixed up. You need an alkalai like calcium carbonate or aluminium hydroxide.
    • Posted

I must admit I am very suspicious of what I have been reading on the net - the numerous people that say apple cider vinegar has worked for them....  this is going against the problem!!   Thanks for your suggestions.
  • Posted

For many people, they have reflux due to low stomach acid. That is why it works when they take apple cider vinegar. I took betaine hcl tablets and it worked for me as well. I discontinued it as I suspect I have mild gastritis, but for those who just have reflux it works!
    • Posted

Ive just been checking out the DGL chewable tablets....they can affect blood pressure so I`d better not take them as I am on prescription medication for high blood pressure.  Looks like I should give apple cider vinegar a try....don`t kock it `til you`ve tried it right!  Thanks again.
  • Posted

That's the licorice ones. DGL are the ones where the component causing the blood pressure drop is removed. 
    • Posted

So the actual name is just DGL?  I have to be so careful because I`m on a blood thinner.  Thanks again for the explanation.....I`ll read the label and of course I can ask the Pharmacist.

Many thanks.

• Posted

Not a problem at all!

Well, it's actually licorice root which has a component called glycyrrhizin, which can affect the blood pressure. So they remove that component and hence it is called (DGL-deglycyrrhizinated). Hope that answers your question! The brand I got (enzymatic therapy) is a sugar free one as well. I am sure you can find it at your health store.

Get well soon and let me know how you feel! 

• Posted

Dear marion,

Some people cannot see how you can take an acid to cure an acid reflux problem, I was one of them. I cannot take cider vinegar because I have this horrible type of IBS which responds badly to acid things. However, after a bit of research I have discovered that organic cider vinegar could easily work for you.

Just google " can cider vinegar cure acid reflux " then select Why you should use apple cider vinegar instead of Antacids. This is not an advert for anything it just explains why organic apple cider vinegar works for acid reflux. It's all new to me but it does sound logical. I wish I could take it because it is also good for diabetes.

Isn't body chemistry magic?

robert

• Posted

Dear Robert.

I have just googled "can cider vinegar cure acid reflux" ...not read it all yet but what was an eye opener and I quote "The problem about stomach disorders is that they are caused by not having enough acid!!!". Now that is surprising. 

Thank you so much for suggesting I check this - it seems to me that apple cider vinegar may well be the answer.

Many, many thanks.

Marion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.