apprehension

Posted , 8 users are following.

My operation date finally arrived today. You wait for it and then when it comes the emotions kick in. Should be used to them by now. So hopefully at the end of the month my gallbladder will be gone and all being well will feel better.

4 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You will feel better.  smile 

the next day I felt better .. Yes I had the gas pains and healing aches but paracetamol kept that at bay...

but no nausea ... No agonising pain... Just healing pains positive pain. 

When I asked my surgeon do we see the stones he said you wouldn't want to there brown and smelly ... Your body will be glad to be shot of them. 

Think that's why your energy comes back about 6 weeks after operation .. 

No rotten smelly gallstones stagnating in you ..smile phew 

• Posted

Hi sally and wish you a good operation but may you explain why you did not apply to remove the gallstones instead of gallbladder? as you may know, you have to follwo a serious fat diet after Cholecystectomy??!!
  • Posted

I felt a lot better the same day and by the next day someone remarked on how much healthier I looked. Hopefully it will be the same for you. Thinking of you and wishing you the best..Mega
  • Posted

Great! I am happy to know you are having the operation! Let me know how it goes and that you are better! God Bless You!
  • Posted

Thanks everyone nice to always know your not on your own. These sights are brilliant. :-)
  • Posted

Hi Janet

I've just had pre op today! Nurse blood pressure's a bit high!!redface... I said "ya think?!...I said it will even higher this time next week"!!rolleyes.... my op is next weekend..!  I can't tell if I'm hysterical or excitedeek...!  Seriously though I cannot wait to get rid of this awful thing, I feel like I have an alien under my ribs!

I will be in about 3days so hopefully can post some positive comments about the whole experience on here!lol

• Posted

Wish you all the best sunshne, will be waiting to hear how it' goes for you. At moment booked for day surgery but may be open surgey. Will be thinking of you.
  • Posted

Hi. I also had my pre op medical yesterday  and my BP was high and it never normally is. I'm so scared of the  op because I'm really overweight  my ops on the 16th oct part of me is petrified  but part of me will be so glad when it's all over and I never have that  God awful pain again. Good luck to you x 
    • Posted

Totally understand how you feel, but at least you are looking at the positive, the pain will be gone. Child birth is a fiddle compared to gallstones and all they entail.

Blood pressure can go up through stress, they would not operate if any worries. Good luck to you also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.