Are my feelings anxiety!?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Everybody thinks I'm this bubbly friendly person who has a great life, however inside insecurities, paranoia and loneliness eat away at me daily. I have a tendency when this is happening to shut myself away, which then makes me look even more unsociable. I'm constantly reading into everything everybody says, texts, or even doesn't say!! I can't bear living like this, I can't sleep for worrying about the things I either haven't done or what could could happen (mostly to my two little kids). Is this what is classified as anxiety.?

Anyway, today I plucked up the courage to head to the doctors and was prescribed sertraline, although after reading several patient reviews I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad...

X

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like GAD to me. I don't know about sertraline but you might ask for mirtazipine if it doesn't work for you. This has helped me although it makes you very tired to begin with.
  • Posted

Hello,

I can really relate to everything you have said about worrying, paranoia , loneliness & being very good at hiding it. I was the same & all my energy went on getting myself through a day at work then collapse once getting home & do it all again the next day. I did this for years until now & am now off sick with it.

The doctor put me on sertraline 50mg for 3 weeks then upped to 100mg. I will be honest the anxiety is awful & people say it gets worse then better so i am hanging on to hope with that., also unable to sleep with it. The doctor gave me some diazapam to help with the anxiety so maybe you could ask your doctor for some also as this will help you sleep aswell.

Hang in there & please don't feel alone.

Would be nice if we kept in touch to help each other through smile

• Posted

Thank you for your response, I'm not looking forward to getting worse than this. I am only taking 25mg for the first 6 days then will go up to 50mg.

Will keep you posted, hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Yeah please do let me know how you get on.

Everyone is different so you may not suffer as much as me. Hope it helps you. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.