Are my symptoms normal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Getting my gallbladder removed on Tuesday. I have stones that have been there for quite a long time. My problem is I am in pain all the time. I am always bloated/swollen. The pain goes down into my lower right side and into my back. No vomiting but upset stomach and hard to eat. Doctor has not been much help with symptoms. Has anybody else experienced this or should I be looking at something else maybe.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have numerous gallstones and following acute cholecystitis in May, am waiting to have gall bladder removed.  My pain is in a similar area.  Pain is by and large not too bad as I am on a strict very low fat diet, which seems to help.  Also had acid blockers for burning pain in stomach, which GP says is common with gallstones.  I am hoping this approach will keep me going without another acute attack,  until I get a date for surgery.  Surgeon said six weeks but waiting list is actually at least 5 months!   Hope you get on O.K. with your op and soon feel better.
    Report Reply
    • Posted

Let us know if after surgery you are all better!!!  I'm struggling if it's gallbladder or gastropresis as the doctors say but with a large gallstone no one is sure?!!   Been 2 years of sickness.  

Report Reply
  • Posted

I would say it is relatively normal...

My gallbladder was removed on June 27, the first 3~5 days was uncomfortable, It should be getting better after one week. In terms of bloated..., you have to eat a small portion of the meal slowly each time. 

Do not eat any food, particular veg/fruit that causes gas.

Hope it helps.

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up