are our brains really so powerful??😕

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i had a water infection last week and was given antibiotics, i didnt feel it had cleared up so went to the doctors today... i took a urine sample and sge tested it and said there was no infection but was sending it to the lab, ive been so worried as i dont feel right down there but all my family say im making myself feel it as im constantly dwelling on it and telling myself ive got bladder cancer😣 so is it actually possible with health anxiety to make ur body feel these sensations that u think are there? So so so fed up with this xx😢

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey Nicola. I think our brains are definitely very powerful! It's amazing all the symptoms we can cause ourselves like that. We should learn to use those "powers" for better things lol I'm really glad to hear there's no infection smile all the best xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm sorry your feeling that way, it's hard work is anxiety but yes the mind is a very powerful thing and whilst I don't have heakth anxiety I can empathise.

its probably more your anxiety that is exaggerating your feelings.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thankyou for ur reply, thats what im thinking... im wondering if im dwelling on it so much that i actually think its there even though i do feel strange down there, do u know what i mean? So confused xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Ive convinced myself from brain tumors to multiple scelrosi, Brain is a very powerful tool. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes , every time i get a twinge in my breast i think my breast doesnt feel normal and i think i can visualise a lump in it.... Its peculiar and frightening but it is in my head i know that now
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Nicola. I no exactly how u feel I had physio last week. They asked if I had pain in my groin. I didn't. But by the time I got home I had the worst pain in my groin. Iv had it for a week now. Iv convinced myself Iv got cancer. Which I no I haven't. The more I sit an dwell on it it hurts. But once I do somthin to take my mind off it. The pain go's. Your mind is so strong u can make urself think you have Anythin. Try doin somthin u enjoy. It's hard but Iv found reading really helps to take my mind off it. Xx hope u start to feel better soon xx 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

have you taken the complete course of antibiotics? This will clear the water infection.  I would not worry about what they said they may not be right about cancer until you get the results.  Try not to fret.

richard

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up