Are these all symptoms of Anxiety??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Despite suffering before a couple of years back, i have found myself recently noticing similar symptoms to when i suffered anxiety and panic attacks before. However this time its slightly different, theres added fear of being completely out of control of whats going on with my body, my vision just goes completely blurred and i find it very difficult to focus or concentrate, im having chest pains, dizzyness which results in feeling like im going to pass out resulting in pins and needles/numbness in my hands and feet. i feel so scared it feels alot worse than last time, can anyone help or relate to feeling this way due to anxiety?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kerry,

I can't really help you, but i can tell you that I have exactly the same symptoms! I generally have them all day every day. I find it so hard to believe that all the symptoms are just 'anxiety'

ive seen numerous doctors and had tests, everything thing is fine and they have just put it all down to anxiety!

its an awful thing to live with, hope your feelings better x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply charlotte, it's just nice to know i'm not alone, despite not wishing these feelings on anyone! 

You're right, its difficult to reason with yourself because the symptoms are so real and frightening you can't believe it's not something serious.

i too have seen different doctors, ive been put on different meds but nothing seems to make me feel...normal? lol

Thanks again for your reply and i hope you feel better soon also x

• Posted

Yes, all of the symptoms you described, many, many times. it is anxiety.
    • Posted

I have health anxiety for over 30 years.  It is a living nightmare.  I believe GP's need to be more aware of this complaint.  I have just had CBT but have not found it very effective

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.