Are these anxiety attacks ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today I experienced diaphoresis, started suddenly while walking.  Episode lasted 10 mins . was able to work after , but still feeling very tired post episode . Is this normal feeling ? Is this anxiety ?

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I get this a lot - I got it today as well and have been told by my GP that it is a normal side effect of anxiety plus my tablets which are sertraline 100mg per day - I hope this is of some comfort to you.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Does Hunger precipitate an anxiety attack ?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

So,if you are hungry,your body may look for alternative fuel source.Adrenaline can be triggered. Also your brain can release an amount of glutamate which has an excitory purpose.To make you more aggressive or give energy to find food.If you find that hunger is preceding these attacks mention to your doctor.hunger may be causing instinct response.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Okay so if you think hunger causing it have something healthy and convenient in your pocket like a small bag of nuts.If at work keep a piece of fruit handy .You dont have to buy small bag of nuts you can just buy a big bag and put some in sandwich bag.Once an attack starts we tighten and our breathing goes to short and rapid.We are instinctively getting ready for fight\flight.So the best method is to manually over-ride this response by taking long slow ,deep breaths and thinking I am safe ,nothing is wrong.For me to practice breathing exercises when I was calm conditioned me so when I did it during an attack It was a familiar tool that helped put my mind at ease.Doing something familiar like shaving or taking a shower is good but not always available.doing this breathing while falling asleep at night is good because if i am taking an unrealistic panic ,I can change the mind to responding to comfort.Under the related information on side of page there are exercises.Think of it like a hockey game .you have to practice so things will happen automatically when you need it.At first they will slow down panic and after awhile as the mind learns that nothing is really happening bad,it will work even better.This technique has worked amazingly for me.I actually give sesions in it.Whereas it used to totally shut me down
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up