Are these haemorrhoids?

Posted , 5 users are following.

https://imgur.com/a/xCuRw0j

I'm 17

Symptoms:

A few weeks ago after passing a hard stool, I wiped and there was bright red blood all over the toilet paper - I didn't notice any blood again for three weeks until a couple of nights ago when there was a very slight trace of it on the paper.

About a month or so ago I had mucus discharge from my anus

Theres a fishy smell coming from my butthole

Thinner stools (which I get when I'm worrying) and on and off constipation/diarrhea - but I'm sure this is due to my anxiety problems and VERY poor diet. They're also not consistently thin.

I often have an itchy/sore anus

Thanks, please can someone help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

100% hemmoroids, stop using toilet paper your just p*****g them off, use showerhead when possible baby wipes all other times, stay hydrated and try to keep stress down..
  • Posted

I had similar experiences when I was younger. I’m 57 now and have had problems for years before I had the surgery. Hard stools will wreak havoc on your rectum and you may have Hemorrhoidal tissue as well.

Bright red blood can be from hemmoroids or other factors. 

Stress, worry and poor diet can be major contributors to rectal and elimination issues. Drink Lots of water, eat more fruit and vegetables, try 1Tbsp Metamucil powder mixed with water in am & pm. Try high fiber oatmeal. Watermelons have high water content and are great for snacking and in smoothies.  Try this for a month. If it does not improve, contact your doctor. Write down all the dates and times of your rough BM experiences and log your food consumption. The earlier you get it under control the longer you will have health in that very important and sensitive area. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.