Are these normal anxiety symtoms?really worried!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since the start if January so for 4 weeks I have had left sided chest pain and left arm ache not sure if it's in my left breast or chest but my upper back feels like tight band around it.i am worried it's a heart attack or breast problem and it's making me feel ill now worrying.ive got nausea.i had my 4th driving test recently and wondered if this could of caused anxiety?i passed and now driving on my own which is quite nerve wracking so not sure if it's anything to do with this as I have sufferd anxiety symtoms in the past.any advice? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have the exact pains. I usually have chest pain near my armpit on my left side of under my shoulder blade.

I have been told it's probably anxiety and have a heart scan on Wednesday. Just get it checked out for peace of mind. Don't worry, it's likely to be anxiety. The pains will be more noticeable if you're subconciously looking for them.

Chill, hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Thank you smile I'm just obsessed with thinking about them and worrying there something bad.ive already been to a&e last year with chest pains and they said heart normal and chest scan was fine.never had this arm pain before tho
    • Posted

If your heart scan was fine then that gives you a reason to relax! I'm the exact same so don't worry. I know it's hard, I find telling myself to virtually impossible because I'm a complete hypochondriac about everything. But if the scans are fine, you're finesmile

Relax, take it easy and tell yourself you're okay, because you aresmile

• Posted

If you've had a similar experience and had it cheked and it was ok, then it is mos lkey anxiety. But gettin it checked is always the best way to get peace of mind. I often have th tightness across my back and into my neck. It sometimes  feels like someoneis choking me or like a lump in my throat. That will so,etims trigger reflux which eelslike severe chest pain and a hart attack. Very scary. But I have had these symptoms for any years so I can at least eliminate them from laundry list of  other sensations that cause my panic attacks. The tightness in youback could be causing a nerve pinch and pain in your arm. I hope this helps in some way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.