Are these panic attacks with sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so first off ringing in the ear is not helping me falling asleep at night . Second of all after many tests for my heart is normal . But here is my situation. I'll be sitting in my chair litterly a second away from being in a deep sleep and all the sudden I'll wake up with my heart racing . I have this happen a few times. Now I no I have gas issues so that can flutter with the heart . But I'm more leaning towards this as a panic thing ?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP SENDING ME EMAILS ... I HAVE FOLLOWED YOUR UNSUBSCRIBE LINK EVERY DAY FOR THE LAST SEVEN DAYS.
  • Posted

I have exactly the same problem. I believe it to be closely related to sleep apnea. The sudden awakening and rapid heartrate could be lack of oxygen. Sleeping in a chair can be very bad for me. Adding to this is alcohol and overeating. Dehydration can also make your saliva thick and your mouth becomes sticky. Drink a lot of water. Very closely related is sleep apnea. Stress and anxiety are contributors for me as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.