Are these really all gallstones symptoms?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I was told I had a gallbladder full of stones following an unrelated scan a year ago. I was under investigation for lightheadedness and abdominal pains. Now I have these typically daily:

Lightheadedness

Hot flushes

Flush feeling in abdomen area

Blue veins coming out in hands for no reason, on palms and look like they've been drawn on

Elevated liver enzyme

Pains in neck arms and hands

Despite the gallstones I'm currently being fobbed off with anxiety which ironically is the thing that seems to be getting me down. Because this isn't a visible thing I feel I can't talk to anyone. I just want to ask like minded people like yourslows if any of these symptoms match yours and I should push for a refferal?

Thanks

L

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Ask for a X-ray or ultra sound for GB. I had many more extreme signals for pain in GB. The worst was from cribs cage left front to back so painful every breath was painful. 

That at being said doesn't mean because your pain doesn't match mine is not GB. 

More importantly with the symptoms you describe see your doctor ASAP.

TAKE CARE.

• Posted

Thank you, I will push this I jist don't know if im barking up the wrong tree with the lightheadedness that I keep getting. I just feel so poorly and like I've just been sent home and told that I'm causing it myself. I took a list of symptoms to the Dr abd she wouldn't even read them, I had slightly high blood pressure and she wanted to deal with that first, it's fine now, but that's only given her more to fuel her anxiety claim.

• Posted

It could be anxiety. Were you given meds for anxiety? I suffered from it pressure in life and job. Had medication that helped the hormones in the system from causing breathing and panic issues. Stress causes the wrong hormones to flood the system causing breathing and many reactions.

some anti depressants can control or replace hormones in the brain to help.

• Posted

I was diagnosed too with stones and thought it was my heart ... Had chest pains, nauseous, light headed and head aches. I am supposed to have surgery soon. Why would you let it go so long without doing something about it?
    • Posted

I've been backwards and forwards. Found a large fibroid in my womb that I've had to be treated for prior to surgery and for a while they thought it could be related so it's always been ongoing, plus my symptoms kept changing but the only constant was the lightheadedness. They diagnosed me with vestibular migraines originally until the pain and other symptoms began

• Posted

Hi, there,

Push for a referral to a gastroenterologist who can diagnose and treat you. Of course you have anxiety!  

Everyone's symptoms are a little bit different, but your elevated liver enzymes can indicate your liver's in distress. 

All the body's systems work together and are interrelated.  

Best of luck to you, and let me know how you do! 

• Posted

Hi there,

?I can relate to what you say as I have gallstones with other conditions a raft of overlapping symptoms, including lightheadedness, nausea, hot and cold chills, raised liver tests, aches and pains in joints as well as troubling digestive issues.

?The docs do not tend to look beyond textbook symptoms unfortunately, yet we see on these groups that personal experiences often include many more discomforts.

?As others have said, anxiety does set in when you have ongoing health concerns, for one thing , we always imagine the worst scenario. But gallstones are not all the mind, they may or may not be to blame but you need to know for sure. So, yes I'd say go ask for a referral to a consultant and go sooner than later if you live in the UK anyway, as from my experience, it can take a long time to get into the system and maybe a long list if you need surgery.

?It has been almost a year for me and my surgery has had several cancellations already. That year out of my life I will not get back and have been unable to do much or enjoy life.

But hopefully you will get the answers you need and progress soon, best of luck to you.

• Posted

Hi Lynda, Not heard a new date yet but the waiting list has gotten ever longer according to hospital web site!   Having problems with right knee at present - I read it can be connected to Gb via nervous system, who knows?

​Hope you were not affected by the hurricane. Are you still doing OK?

Cynthia xox

• Posted

So good to know how you're doing!  Sorry to learn that your right knee is acting up. It's hard to get through it all when it seems that your body is betraying you at every turn, I know!

I am doing okay.  My gastro tract is functioning as long as I remember to be careful, but I am getting a transient pain where my gallbladder used to be.  I had it after surgery, but it comes and goes.  I have to go back and see my gastro guy for a colonoscopy and endoscopy, so I'll tell him.

Was on some precautional med after I had my hysterectomy, but the side effects were awful, including being barely able to walk because of muscle and joint pain and sleeplessness, dizziness.  So I stopped taking it.  It's taking a few days to get out of my system, but I'm doing better.  

I'm in the desert southwest of the US, so no effects from the hurricane.  Thanks for asking.  

Please let me know how you're doing!  And feel free to send me a private message, if you would like to.  xx

• Posted

Has anybody ever had lightheadedness as the main, almost constant symptom without so much of the pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.